Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
    Haven't seen that video yet, but now I'll have to look for it
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qkJxXmvj6w"]SILENCERCO: 300 AAC BLACKOUT 220gr. w/ 9mm & .45ACP OSPREY (Dry & Wet) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

whats the diff between wet and dry?

Comment

so dry, the 45 is 2db louder overall, but 1st round pop is 15db lower than the 9 Osprey, wet they are virtually the same. I guess that tells me all I need to know. 45 Osprey it is, I want to limit the number of cans I buy, so the ability to use it on multiple platforms and all pistol calibers is definitely an advantage. I realize I can do the same thing with a Tirant 45, but I like being able to see the sights over the can on my pistols. I'm thinking I can use the 45 Osprey on 9mm pistol and AR, 40, 45, 300 blackout, just about everything that I would want to suppress at the moment. Only other thing I'd need for the near future is a 22 can.

Thanks for posting that video

Comment

holy crap thats sweet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRSzzcRxAYM"]Osprey 45 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I can't wait to get my Osprey back!

Comment

The osprey is the way to go. My ONLY concern is if I were to do an SBR will the can fit under the handrails? Also, I don't see the wait for your can being 5months. I think mine took around 60-70 days from start to finish.

Comment

It won't fit under the rails. I'm basing it off my last approval, I submitted it may 1, got it back Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  It won't fit under the rails. I'm basing it off my last approval, I submitted it may 1, got it back Friday.
                  must have you under the magnifying glass

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                    must have you under the magnifying glass
                    I asked my dealer how many was too many, he said I'm not even close yet. LOL. I asked him how many some of his clients said, he told me he had one guy with 43 NFA items!

That puts my 12 in perspective!

Comment

I've shot blackout 220's sub in my trident pistol can .. no problem ... where it becomes a problem is supersonic . tommyH you're referring to 10gr of powder as a sub load . with supers you load 18 to 21 grains of h110 and the pressures are typically to high for an aluminum can (which is what most pistol cans use ..besides the blast baffle which is inconel or ss).

if you mix up your ammo and shoot a super through a pistol can , it won't be a good thing , and it's not worth screwing up a can .... so I would not do it , and the manufacturer will not warranty this use either.

here's what a blackout sounds like with a 9mm pistol can on it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgk84sWx6xU"]300/221 blackout howa rifle suppressed subsonics - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

heh, check this out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5U7tu-kpeI"]Houston Armory suppressed and unsuppressed 300 blackout - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This one brings me great joy and happiness! Can't wait to put it on my 338 RUM!

My Christensen 300 Win with Titan QD!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317777786.874243.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	24019646

My Wraith came back as well. Headed to find a possum or skunk to try it on now!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317777764.459369.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	24019645

Comment

This Christensen setup is so light and balanced it's sick!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317782788.065782.jpg
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	24019687

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              This Christensen setup is so light and balanced it's sick![ATTACH]273640[/ATTACH]
                              and you talk about me... dude, you got some sick toys!

Comment

Thanks!

I took the Titan Christensen combo out tonight and it has zero, literally zero impact shift. I've never had a rifle have zero impact shift between suppressed and unsuppressed. It is 22 quiet with my Hornady Superformance shells as well. AAC out did themselves with this can.

Comment

Working...
                                X