Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
    *I* plan on getting a VLTOR stock for mine for this very issue. i dont like the instability of the plain stock and a scope
    This gun (5.56) came with a VLTOR stock but I swapped it for the one on my DPMS LR308 since my daughter will be shooting the .308. She preferred the VLTOR stock for whatever reason a 16 year old would. Looks I guess.

I'm thinking about swapping the stock on the 5.56 for one in tan. Since I don't have a lot of experience with these things, do you have any suggestions other than the VLTOR?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
      LMT is the only one with an NSN that i have seen on the internet so far
      What's an NSN?

And btw, Billy bought an LMT!

How is no one freaking out right now! A Noveske fanboy venturing out to a competitor! What's next? Are you going to start using Magpul products!

Aye Carumba!

Comment

I'm thinking about a DD just to mix it up!

I mean Vickers lives by them so they must be the greatest thing since Magpul I-Phone cases!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
          What's an NSN?

And btw, Billy bought an LMT!

How is no one freaking out right now! A Noveske fanboy venturing out to a competitor! What's next? Are you going to start using Magpul products!

Aye Carumba!

Bahahahahaha!

Comment

NSN = National Stock Number

This is the inventory management system for the DOD.

All items carried by the DOD are labeled with an NSN.

I was a SK3 in the Navy. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

How about an LWRC M6A3? I'm planning on using either that upper in 10.5" or their 8.5" PSD on my new 6.8 build. The only thing I'm not sure of is if a suppressor will work on the 8.5" barrel.

My other project is getting a can for my 1911, anybody know where to get a good threaded barrel?

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
              Which 5.56 SBR length and maker guys? I'll have a receiver for it approved in the next month or so and need to figure out who's and what length. I am a LMT/Spike's guy, and the gun will run 90% suppressed. I was thinking 11.5-12.5" and I know lmt makes specialized sbr ports for those lengths.

I don't want 14.5 as that makes no sense to me, and I wanted a lighter less front end heavy balanced rifle for hog hunting at night, where all of my shots will be 150 and in. I will also only shoot 77 grain pills out of it to hopefully stabilize it a bit better and give me a little more oomph on hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                How about an LWRC M6A3? I'm planning on using either that upper in 10.5" or their 8.5" PSD on my new 6.8 build. The only thing I'm not sure of is if a suppressor will work on the 8.5" barrel.

My other project is getting a can for my 1911, anybody know where to get a good threaded barrel?
                Just ordered mine from storm lake for my osprey. Most likely I'm going with LMT.

Comment

does anybody make a SBR .45 upper? I've been looking and can't seem to find one. I'm thinking it might make a good home defense rifle. I can always do 9mm, but I only want to buy 2 suppressors at the moment.

Comment

does anybody make a SBR .45 upper? I've been looking and can't seem to find one. I'm thinking it might make a good home defense rifle. I can always do 9mm, but I only want to buy 2 suppressors at the moment.
                    Olympic makes a 45, then just chop it.

Comment

Have you stuck with gas on yours or crossed over to the piston dark side?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Larue Resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	23991225
                        Heres my Larue Stealth I just finished. It has an 18" barrel and a 5.5-22x56 Night Force.

Comment

Have you stuck with gas on yours or crossed over to the piston dark side?
                          the PWS system is the only piston I would try...DI is really the best way to run an AR.

just keep her wet...

Comment

well, my others are DI, just thinking about a change for this 6.8 SBR

I definitely know they like to be wet

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              the PWS system is the only piston I would try...DI is really the best way to run an AR.

just keep her wet...
                              I agree.

Over the last 6-7 years I've run 10-12,000 rounds through DI with few issues that took more than 30 minutes to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Country View Post
                                [ATTACH]238425[/ATTACH]
                                Heres my Larue Stealth I just finished. It has an 18" barrel and a 5.5-22x56 Night Force.
                                Nice weapon!

Comment

Working...
                                X