Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy and Artos, thanks. The weapon will just be for fun, maybe shooting some stuff on the ranch. I want it to be reliable but it's not going to be Afghan serious. I'll check out those sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
      Noted!

Who's using the 7.62x39? Someone is.

I'm calling red jacket today!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
        Noted!

Who's using the 7.62x39? Someone is.

I'm calling red jacket today!
        All the people in third world countries, dictatorships, and oppressors east of us

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          All the people in third world countries, dictatorships, and oppressors east of us
          I mean what NATO country is using it since it is listed as a NATO round?

Comment

Except for captured rifles, I don't think any are. Where is it listed as a NATO round?

Comment

BTW, I see the link listed above but can't access it here at work.

NATO standardized on the 5.56x45 and 7.62x51 cartridges and I'm not aware of any that use the 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 cartridges that were the Russian/Chicom standard. (ie, Warsaw pact countries)

Comment

Unless its the old Warsaw pact countries, like Poland or the rest of the eastern bloc, no one. Hence the NATO cross headstamp on brass from mfrs who made the milspec(for lack of better terms) rounds. wont see it on AK ammo.

Comment

The Polish were using AK's converted to 5.56x45 in Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    The Polish were using AK's converted to 5.56x45 in Afghanistan.
                    That's hilarious! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

They were Warsaw Pact since WWII and joined NATO in 1999. Kept the commie AKs, just rechambered when they went NATO!

Comment

So does anyone know the practical differences and/or advantages of 5R rifling over conventional rifling?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
                        I have a NIB Colt 6830 , maybe that is the answer , but I think to make an AR Platform work better you would have to shoot a premium , cleaner , ammo . If so then that would make the ammo availability closer to a draw , maybe ? I also have a DC Industries Nodak Spud AK Underfolder and they just seem to be more " durable " . . .
                        the current thought is to run AR's wet, your glasses should be fogged up after a mag
                        I intentionally run a mix of dirty ammo, 223 ammo and primo ammo as a mix from my Noveske's, I keep it wet, it keeps putting brass in the ground, flawlessly

the current issue AR/M4 from Colt/FN/Lmt is the premo weapon on the planet.

Comment

Cool !

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                            the current thought is to run AR's wet, your glasses should be fogged up after a mag
                            I intentionally run a mix of dirty ammo, 223 ammo and primo ammo as a mix from my Noveske's, I keep it wet, it keeps putting brass in the ground, flawlessly

the current issue AR/M4 from Colt/FN/Lmt is the premo weapon on the planet.
                            I agree with this my only caveat would be properly heat treated Miltech. I ran mine wet the first 6 months we were in country. Once it got hot and dry the dust came up and that wet clp clogged up with dust. Never caused a malfunction but I never let it get to where it would either. I switched to miltech at the advice on one of our secfor NCO's and never looked back. After about the 4th coat burned into it I was always smooth and never hesitated. Just pull the BCG wipe it down and go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              I agree with this my only caveat would be properly heat treated Miltech. I ran mine wet the first 6 months we were in country. Once it got hot and dry the dust came up and that wet clp clogged up with dust. Never caused a malfunction but I never let it get to where it would either. I switched to miltech at the advice on one of our secfor NCO's and never looked back. After about the 4th coat burned into it I was always smooth and never hesitated. Just pull the BCG wipe it down and go to work.
                              Good to hear. I had my FFL guy give me a small bottle of the Militech 1 to try out. Said the stuff is amazing. Good to hear positive feedback from someone who has used it in real life crappy conditions.

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted before. Rem 700 that accepts Ar mags, pretty cool.

Two years ago I created a photoshoped mockup of a Remington 700 being fed from a 30 round AR-15 magazine. One reader was inspired by the picture and is recreating it while at working a local gunsmith over the summer. If anyone has any suggestions for Kevin, please post them in the comments. Below are … Read More …

Comment

Working...
                                X