Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will magpul rail covers will fit a YHM rails right. They are they universal?

Comment

I'm piece'ing together my first AR.

I have a stripped DPMS lower receiver. The lower parts kit on midwayusa is $52...which seems to be the best price around.

Is that what I should get?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

I have a stripped DPMS lower receiver. The lower parts kit on midwayusa is $52...which seems to be the best price around.

depends on what your ar is going to be used for...some will say all lpk's are the same but they aren't.

If you gun is a weekend plinker, then it relly doesn't matter...if you want primary battle defensive gun, then upgrade to a Daniel Defense / LMT / G&R Tactical.

I personally like the G&R because they do different kits and am not stuck with a standard trigger I won't use. I also didn't need the trigger guard as mine was built into the billet

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

check brownells and palmetto state armory website.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            Travis , this one's just for you .. since you always talk smack about glocks , here's a video I took this weekend showing just how versatile and useful a glock 10mm can be ...
            no animals where hurt in the making of this video.. the gun performed flawlessly through the entire meal, no jams , no accidental discharge ... accuracy was also very good ... it functionned perfectly!!
            YouTube - Useful glock 10mm
            Junk!

Have y'all looked at the Beretta AR 160? Once they release our version, I think I will have a 5.56 platform that is polymer. The ACR and the scar don't really impress me. The tool free disassemble and barrel change really impresses me.

Comment

Can we get a debate on 7.62x39 AK and 300 Blackout and to which is better? Simple check yes or no? What do y'all think?

I'll start. It will be AK platform versus AR on the BO. This is highly subjective, and I'm trying to talk myself out of an AK. I really miss my AK, and I really like the round. I really wish someone made a good AR system, or a really accurate custom style AK. If someone does, let me know!

Weapons Platform Overall Choice-BO

NATO Round-AK

Ammunition Availability-AK

Ammo price-AK

Ammo types-Tie

Precision rifle-BO

Precision Ammo-Tie maybe slight edge to BO

Price-AK on a stamped

Durability-Tie

Length of service-AK

Maintenance-AK

Weapon Range-BO

Abundance of parts-AK

Suppresor Platform-BO

Anything else?

So, where does that rank them? I have no idea, AK wins on cheap and availability of parts, but the BO wins on precision and suppressor options. So many decisions!

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post

Weapons Platform Overall Choice-BO

NATO Round-AK
                AK round isnt NATO so cant compare. advantage goes to BO for versatility and options for projectiles.
                Ammunition Availability-AK

Ammo price-AK
                yup AK because it has been adapted by every third world worthless POS country and communist oppressor

Ammo types-Tie
                BO for versatility in projectile selection for hand loading. offers two different factory loadings, with one in the works of being redesigned (supersonic)

Precision rifle-BO

Precision Ammo-Tie maybe slight edge to BO
                both are designed to be MOM so agreed, tie. AR platform built to tighter tolerances
                Price-AK on a stamped

Durability-Tie

Length of service-AK

Maintenance-AK

Weapon Range-BO

Abundance of parts-AK
                Only difference between the 556 and 762x35 platform is the barrel. Everything else is interchangable. AKs arent the tinker toys that ARs are so disagree.

Suppresor Platform-BO

Anything else?

So, where does that rank them? I have no idea, AK wins on cheap and availability of parts, but the BO wins on precision and suppressor options. So many decisions!

Thoughts?
                Not much is going to happen for the BLK until the major ammo mfrs come off of the stash and pass it out. subsonic ammo is pricey, and brass can be made from 556 casings should you want to do it. the cost for dies is about $100. 762x39 doesnt feed reliably in AR platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                  AK round isnt NATO so cant compare. advantage goes to BO for versatility and options for projectiles.

yup AK because it has been adapted by every third world worthless POS country and communist oppressor

BO for versatility in projectile selection for hand loading. offers two different factory loadings, with one in the works of being redesigned (supersonic)

both are designed to be MOM so agreed, tie. AR platform built to tighter tolerances

Only difference between the 556 and 762x35 platform is the barrel. Everything else is interchangable. AKs arent the tinker toys that ARs are so disagree.

Not much is going to happen for the BLK until the major ammo mfrs come off of the stash and pass it out. subsonic ammo is pricey, and brass can be made from 556 casings should you want to do it. the cost for dies is about $100. 762x39 doesnt feed reliably in AR platform.
                  AK is a NATO round homey. Google it!

What if someone would build an AK with a LW barrel?

Comment

I have a NIB Colt 6830 , maybe that is the answer , but I think to make an AR Platform work better you would have to shoot a premium , cleaner , ammo . If so then that would make the ammo availability closer to a draw , maybe ? I also have a DC Industries Nodak Spud AK Underfolder and they just seem to be more " durable " . . .

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                      AK is a NATO round homey. Google it!

no,
                      you google it
                      NATO is the good guys, warsaw pact is the bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                        no,
                        you google it
                        NATO is the good guys, warsaw pact is the bad guys.
                        Russia is a good guy..... Homey.

List!

Comment

LOL

I guess the good guys vs bad guys thing has gotten a little gray in the last decade or so.

7.62x39 is Warsaw pact when there was one or the traditional "bad guys".

7.62x51 is NATO.

Comment

Originally posted by Barksdale Bandit View Post
                            LOL

I guess the good guys vs bad guys thing has gotten a little gray in the last decade or so.

7.62x39 is Warsaw pact when there was one or the traditional "bad guys".

7.62x51 is NATO.
                            From what I can tell it's all assimilated together now.

Comment

NATO members.

Comment

regarless .. russia discontinued the ak47 long time ago in favor of the ak74 .. the 47 was designed in 1947 .. the 74 ... you guessed it .. in 1974 .. just sold my ar in 7.62x39 .. even though it shot great , now that I have a blackout .. the 7.62 is old news..

blackout ammo from other manufacturers are in the works.. here's a quick 5 shot group from this weekend .. rapid fire 125's at 100 yards ... I know , i know ... suppressed 5 shot groups mean nothing in terms of prooving accuracy .. you need at least a string of 10.. but that's all the ammo I had left...

Comment

Working...
                                X