Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis,
    I tried searching through the thread and can't seem to find if the meat is supposed to be cold or semi-frozen when you grind. Everything I've read online says the grinder will work better with semi-frozen...or well chilled meat. Any pointers you could add for the grinding and mixing process?
    Last edited by JonBoy; 10-06-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EEBowHunter View Post
      Travis,
      I tried searching through the thread and can't seem to find if the meat is supposed to be cold or semi-frozen when you grind. Everything I've read online says the grinder will work better with semi-frozen...or well chilled meat. Any pointers you could add for the grinding and mixing process?
      I am by no means an expert, but semi frozen works best for me. Otherwise I get some mush as the meat tears instead of cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg2002 View Post
        I am by no means an expert, but semi frozen works best for me. Otherwise I get some mush as the meat tears instead of cutting.
        That's what I've been reading. I think that's what I'll end up trying...thanks!

Comment

Comment

Tagged

Comment

My computer keeps trying to bring this up as an Adobe file and saying that the file is corrupt. Shouldn't it be an Excel spreadsheet? Thank you..
              The files opened fine for me. I have saved them to my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                The files opened fine for me. I have saved them to my computer.

Could you email me the file? Please I don't know what is going on with it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  Just now seeing this. Add 2x the number listed for fresh.

Travis, in the Bratwurst recipe you have fresh onion listed. Is that chopped, diced, minced, or grated? Also, you mentioned using dried jalapeno flakes, and when you use them you put them in water first. Can you explain that process a little more. Do you mean you mix them in the water with the spices prior to the final grind/stuffing?

Comment

I'll need to try this soon!

Comment

Onion is however you want it diced is fine.

You want to hydrate the dry, or just use 2x the amount with fresh

Comment

Originally posted by EEBowHunter View Post
                        Travis,

Yes, meat grinds best around 30 degrees. The freezing point for meat is around 28 degrees I believe.

Comment

Tagging for later!

Comment

Great post Travis! Lots of good recipes. Wife and I made 44 lbs of sausage last weekend. Used Rikon bandsaw and grinder table combo to grind 60 lbs meat (pork shoulder and deer) in 50 minutes, worked pretty well IMHO. Stuffed links in LEM stuffer in natural casings. Im gonna give your dried sausage and jerky recipes a run.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

So what was the issue on opening the spreadsheets? I tried to download them and open them and they are being saved as a .PHP file.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                So what was the issue on opening the spreadsheets? I tried to download them and open them and they are being saved as a .PHP file.
                                Got "save as" and change the .php to .xls and it will save it as an excel spreadsheet. That's what I had to do to get it to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X