No announcement yet.

Best venison meal… change my mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those look amazing. My family likes it when I do Mississippi pot roast deer roast with onions, carrots, mushrooms and sweet potatoes. I then use the leftover sauce as a pinto bean base for the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      I am team grilled deer steak! I'll never fry it again. Here are some reverse seared mule deer tomahawks and some backstrap. I use Chupacabra Wild Game rub and Greenwood's Tree Bark seasoning. Always on point!

That’s the proper way to cook venison backstrap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tried this the other night and the gravy was awesome! But I still prefer the way that mesquite smoke compliments the flavor of a med-rare venison steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          [ATTACH]1116251[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1116252[/ATTACH]

Sous vide backstrap wrapped in bacon and covered up with shiitake mushroom and onion pan sauce. (Garlic toast and air fryer French fries)
          Coming from a guy that pretty much gave up carbs in January, this picture is torture. All of it looks great.

Comment

Best venison meal… change my mind.

Well, that looks good Gunny, but I doubt it will top my Pepper Crusted Backstrap!!!!

This is cooked on a super hot grill, 2-4 minutes per side depending on size, and is better than any steakhouse in town!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Venison chili and Mexican cornbread with onion, jalapeños, cheese and bacon at Del Rio archery hunt. Don’t get any better in cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done it with pork and it’s even better with a venison roast.

Smoked roast shredded and stuffed into a pablano pepper wrapped in smoked bacon. Topped with thin sliced jalapeño pepper topped with a white queso drizzle. Mmmmm getchu some.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Well, that looks good Gunny, but I doubt it will top my Pepper Crusted Backstrap!!!!

This is cooked on a super hot grill, 2-4 minutes per side depending on size, and is better than any steakhouse in town!!!!

Bisch

That looks amazing!

Comment

Working...
                  X