Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reccomendations on where to get good dried jalapeos and high temp cheddar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reccomendations on where to get good dried jalapeos and high temp cheddar?

We're planning on making links again this year and want them to be a little more interesting. I found the cheese and peppers several places online but I'd like to get recommendations from the green screen before I hit the order button. Any places you've done business with in the past and had a good experience?

Also trying to figure out how much I'll need, planning on making 100-150 lbs of venison/hog links.

We are a butcher supply house specializing in sausage and jerky making supplies and equipment. We also supply meat smoking and curing products, BBQ and outdoor cooking supplies, as well as food preservation supplies.

This place in Houston is my go to for everything when it comes to processing. Shipping is quick and quality product.

Comment

We always figured 1# cheese to 10# of sausage and 1# of fresh jalapeños to 25# of sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeteroneal View Post
        We always figured 1# cheese to 10# of sausage and 1# of fresh jalapeños to 25# of sausage.
        This is what we do on the cheese, we like our sausage a little spicer so we use 1 1/2# of fresh jalapeños.

Comment

We do closer to 1.5lbs per 10lbs. but most do 1lb/10lb

Comment

Thanks for the info, y'all. I'm looking forward to this year's batch!

Comment

HEB Central Market had a self serve Spice area. They have dried Jalape?os, 2 or 3 other dried peppers

Comment

Where you located?
                I buy the hi-temp cheese from a Processor in Whitesboro (Harry's).
                I get the dried japs in Muenster (Hess meat market).
                Both great.

I don't want to add a slice of cheese to a slice of summer on a cracker so I put 2# cheese to 10# meat.
                i dont want to pour hot sauce on it either.
                Hess measures out the dried japs per 25# batch of ssg. i dont know the weight of peppers. Just that ea of his bags is for $25#. So when we make 100 #'s, i add 6 bags peppers vs 4.

Comment

sausagemaker.com has everything you can think of for sausage making. Allied Kenco also but their shipping is higher most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X