Stop grinding deer shoulders- Mississippi pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
    Tried it. WOW. I'm not sure how I'm just now finding out about this! It's going to be my new go-to, easy meal.
    Yes ma’am....I’m sold too The left overs this week have been insane!!! It’s a shame I’ve just now been exposed to this greatness and how freakin easy it is to make after 55 years on the planet.

Comment

So you don't trim out any fat/silverskin/etc?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        So you don't trim out any fat/silverskin/etc?

Fat/ and glands yes, don’t worry to much about the silver skin, it will gelatinize and become part of the gravy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just did the same recipe with 4 lbs beef pot roast it was excellent

Comment

HEB has pork roasts on sale so just for grins I tried it with a pork roast and it turned out great. Works well for pork, beef or venison.

Comment

Delicious looking recipe.

Comment

I made this using backstrap and Japs instead of Banana peppers last week. I also added onions, bell peppers and celery and it was really good.

Comment

Made this yesterday morning before I left for the woods. Sat all day so by the time I got back it was fall apart delicious. Thickened the gravy with a bit of corn starch and ate it over rice. Came out great and will be doing again. Highly recommend!

Comment

I’ve made redneck poutine also with this recipe. After the roast is done, remove it from pot and shred. Make a gravy with the remaining drippings. Get a plate full of fries. Top with roast followed by gravy and cheese of your choice.

Comment

#

Comment

Originally posted by colonel62 View Post
                        I’ve made redneck poutine also with this recipe. After the roast is done, remove it from pot and shred. Make a gravy with the remaining drippings. Get a plate full of fries. Top with roast followed by gravy and cheese of your choice.
                        Will be trying this^^^. The roast I made Saturday was completely falling apart, gravy was awesome. Made a po'boy with the leftovers with a little mayo, saying it was delicious would be an understatement.

Comment

Going to try this, would make a good an easy camp meal.

Comment

Ok giving this recipe a whirl. Got two chuck roast in there.

Comment

I got a hind roast going this morning before I headed to the woods. Added an onion and a bit of beef broth also. Doing an all day sit so we’ll see how it turns out in about 7 hours.

Comment

Well this recipe is legit AF

Comment

Working...
                                X