Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farelly is right. My mom doesn't like it. So long as she doesn't know it is

Comment

Meatloaf. Hamburger helper. Burgers. Tacos. Sheppards pie. Pretty much a hamburger replacement in every way. We mix out venison with about 8-10% beef fat when grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
        Anything you typically use burger meat for I substitute with ground venison. Hamburger helper, tacos, spagethi, chili, meat loaf, burgers, etc...

This!

Comment

Hamburger casserole.

1-2 lbs hamburger
          1 can tomato soup
          1 can cheddar soup
          1 can cream of celery soup
          1 can cream of mushroom soup
          Shredded cheese
          Elbow macaroni

Brown meat in skillet. Add soup and heat to low simmer. Boil macaroni. Mix meat mixture and macaroni in baking pot/dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on to to your liking. Cover and put in 350 degree oven for 30-45 min. Take top off for last 10 min or so.

Enjoy.

Comment

We make burgers by adding a package of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup to a pound of ground. I usually shred some sharp cheddar and add to the mix for extra flavor.
            My breakfast sausage recipe is half venison and half lean pork and taste similar to Jimmy Dean. As others have said we don't buy ground beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrizzly90 View Post
              Burgers are great especially if you mix in 3 lbs of bacon ends and pieces with 7 lbs of ground. Grind it all together, season to your taste and throw it on the grill. It's so good I converted some non venison eaters.

X2.

Comment

meatball stew is simple to make

ground meat
                bread crumbs
                1 egg
                1 T yellow mustard (optional)
                RB or S&P to season

- mix and form meatballs, place in 9x13 pan, cook at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until brown
                - in cast iron pot, add 2T EVOO and cook down diced onions , then add minced garlic
                - then add 1T dark roux, mix with onions , add 2T Dales seasoning, add 6-8 cups water
                - stir until desired gravy is formed and roux dissolved, then add meatballs and all meat juices from baking pan
                - cook slow and low for 2 hrs
                Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-01-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

My brother and I did a 70% deer 15% brisket and 15% bacon and it turned out great for burgers.

Comment

stuffed bell peppers or chile rellenos, picadillo stuffed in gorditas on top of all the other suggestions

Comment

Meatloaf

Comment

We call it Ukumpuckee but it's basically just nachos/open faced taco/lots of texmex stuff on chips.

Brown ground beef and mix with pinto beans, rotel, jalapeƱos and onions. Put on top of corn chips and *** enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrizzly90 View Post
                          Burgers are great especially if you mix in 3 lbs of bacon ends and pieces with 7 lbs of ground. Grind it all together, season to your taste and throw it on the grill. It's so good I converted some non venison eaters.
                          X2

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                            stuffed bell peppers or chile rellenos, picadillo stuffed in gorditas on top of all the other suggestions
                            I'm with this fella. I also mix mine with chorizo seasoning and make breakfast tacos. I know carne guisada is supposed to be cubed, but I use ground venison in it sometimes. It's great for chile con carne recipes.

Comment

Make some summer sausage , or any kind of sausage. We don't eat a lot of hamburger per say. But eat the hell out of some summer sausage, chorizo, breakfast, Italian sausage. Plus friends and family always want some , so if you have a lot it's easy to use up.

Comment

Explore around on MyWildKitchen.com
                                There are tons of recipes that are delicious and fairly simple. Here are all the ground meat recipes:

Comment

Working...
                                X