Summer Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Sausage

For the first time I made 10 pounds of summer sausage with one of those backwoods seasonings and it turned out really good. I am going to make another 10 pounds worth and want to make it jalepeno and cheese. Having never added any to any of the sausages I have made I was wondering how many jalepeno's to 10 pounds of meat and how much cheese and I am assuming sharp chedder?? Any input is much appreciated.

Your gonna need high temp cheese. I get all my stuff from LEM Products. They carry some LEM stuff at Academy. I dont remember the exact amounts, but I think I used about 1# cheese, and about 3 oz dried jalepenos per 10# of meat.
    Last edited by mharris1; 12-10-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Hi Mountain has a good jalapeno summer sausage kit for around $18-$20 it has all you need but the cheese , it will make 30lbs of sausage. I mix 1lb of high temp cheese with 15lbs of meat.

Comment

Any decent processor will have the high temp cheese. Regular cheese will not work, you'll be wasting time and money. It will melt and run out during smoking

Comment

High melt cheese and do 1.5 pounds for every 10 pounds.

Comment

Oh yes I work at a deer processing shop in Conroe

Comment

Nothing to making summer sausage or any type link sausage... Its the smoking thats makes it OK or great

Comment

Working...
              X