Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

KJO Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been to KJO lately?

Comment

I had the opportunity to get to KJO last spring (Mar/Apr) with my cousin and uncle. We all had opportunities and Keith is one heck of a guy. The sleeping quarters were not all that great but from what I have been told they are not as bad as some. It was my first exotic hunt and I thought I would break myself into that type of hunting by going after a Ram. I took a very nice Corsican (which by the way I am still waiting to get the mount from EXTREME TAXIDERMY in Floresville). My cousin took a Black Buck and my uncle never drew. That is not to say he didn't have animals to shoot but he was after a large Axis. Unfortunately he never saw one. Anyway Keith did everything he could to put us on critters. The only downside was that it was during the green up and alot of animals (big) could be seen roaming at night. They were staying bedded up in the brush during the day.

Comment

HCSHOOTER:
        Here are two pictures of animals we shot at Keiths place:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0421[1].JPG
Views:	2
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	23869563
        Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0404[1].JPG
Views:	2
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	23869564

I also shot a pig while I was down there and had at two different shots at a blackbuck and two other pigs. Keith's is a great place. You WILL like it. I would love to go back.

Coincidentally, I was searching older posts for other members who have had taxidermist problems, and I ran across yours, and I'm in almost the same situation as you were. When I was at Keith's he suggested I take it to "Extreme Taxidermy" in floresville. After our original deposit of 1/3 the cost, James promised 3-4 months. I finally heard back from him at the end of September (6 months later), and was told we had 3-4 weeks left. I have been leaving messages since December, and I have not received a call back. Unfortunately, being in Michigan, I can't just stop in to see what's going on. I think I'll try to have Keith get in touch with him (Keith is a great guy) to see if he can let me know what is going on. I have no problem with the work taking this long as long as I have some sort of proof it is getting done. Right now I'm thinking the worst...

Good luck if you do end up going to Keith's, he has some great animals, and will try anything to put you on what you want. I think he was as excited as I was when I shot my blackbuck. It's a great place.

Comment

boy yall look familiar!!

hey guys,its bill,i got to hunt with yall a day or so at kjo.i came so close to going back this year but my buddy booked us at bowhunters paradise in bracketville in july.hope you guys are well!!

Bill

Comment

Here is a pic on one that I shot out there.
            Attached Files

Comment

BILL!!!! What's up, buddy!?

I know man, we were in the exact same boat. I'll IM you so I don't end up hijacking this thread!

Comment

FYI: Keith Johns called me out of the blue today. Said he was concerned because another of his hunters hadn't received their mount from Extreme Taxidermy either. Keith said that he was going to look into it for me and said he'd never had a problem with this taxidermist before, that's why he recommended him. I could tell Keith legitimately felt bad...and it wasn't even his fault!!! He's just doing it because he honestly takes care of his hunters!
                Keith is a great guy with a great ranch.
                Anyone who goes to this ranch will not be disappointed!!! Keith's place is awesome!

Comment

Have you guys called James @ Extreme? If not pm me and I'll give ya his #.
                  He, did my buffalo and did a great job.

Comment

is there a website for KJO?

Comment

Originally posted by 12thman View Post
                      how big is the ranch?

I believe Keith said it is 400 acres. He said it is pretty thick brush and that he's got some stands in Live Oak trees that watch over permanent feeders. He told me that he does not corn roads where the hunters are not at and I believe him. He's all about people bow hunting and getting an animal and is also very, very big on getting kids involved. I'm taking my 10 year old at no extra charge whatsoever and if he arrows an animal he said he'd cut me a heck of a deal and I believe him.

I'll be heading down for a hunt with meathunter and several others in our group on March 13-15. I'm so fired up I can't even stand it. Something is going to get stuck I can tell you that!

I've spoken with Keith several times and I'm usually a very good judge of people just from a conversation. I can tell you if he's anything like I think he is then we are in for a really, really good hunt!

Here's the link: http://www.keithjohnsoutdoors.com/

Comment

here are a few from our trip last year in april

Comment

Working...
                        X