Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

KJO Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJO Info

I keep hearing so much about KJO is the place to go, does anyon ehave pics they can post of what they have hunted and killed there.

Thinking of checking it out but i would like to see some kills from guys on here that have been.

My Trip and Pics

My Trip to Keiths

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived at Keith 's about 2 on Thursday. I met Keith and Immediately liked him.Stowed my gear and we went for a ride and looked around the ranch on my first ride thru I saw rams and goats,black buck afew real nice ones. A little way further on I saw a herd of about 20 axis including 3 bucks that I was told were over 30 inch. I also saw some sika does and a red deer cow.
    We went out about 5:30 and I set in a ground blind on the edge of the pasture a few black buck does came in and hung aroung for awhile.Later a young BB buck came in and didnt seem inclined to leave .
    A couple hours later after the feeder went off the some rams filtered in and left.About an hour before dark some catalinas came in and a redheaded goat that I had picked for my self earlier gave me shot I couldn't pass up.
    I took it and a couple seconds later he was down. I drug him away from the the feeder and and a few minutes later the small BB cam in and hung around till dark. I was picked up a little after dark and got my goat cleaned and put in the cooler. James and Wes had arived by this time. A couple beers some BS and dinner then off to bed.
    Friday morning differant stand. Not much action a bunch of whitetails and some turkeys.
    Friday afternoon Chris ,Doc and Casey came in,we all took a ride around the ranch and got ready for the nights hunt. Nothing was taken but everyone passed up shots.
    Saturday morning James shot a nice ram and FORREST GOAT the retard four horned sheep goat. {Sorry James couldnt resist lol}.
    Later that morning Casey and Chris both got nice rams and Doc got a Sika doe.
    Saturday Night Wes got a good black ram and I was busted by a couple good boars.
    Sunday morning no one got anything . After I made a breakfast of Scrapple and eggs [ It was met with mixed results] Everyone said their goodbyes and
    later that night I took my boar.
    This was my first Texas hunt and if it gets better than Keith Johns Ranch. I say prove it.Had an awesome time , the cabin was comfortable and everthing worked.
    Keith and his son Wade are good people who know and love there work . If you dont have a goodtime here Id be real surprised.
    Mike
    jmm83164 on yahoo

Explore Mike’s 47 photos on Flickr!

That was last May Ill be going back last weekend in April

Comment

Hey Curt, let me know if you decide to give KJO a try. I've been thinking about booking a hunt for my wife sometime late Jan or February...Thanks!!

Comment

ttt

I cant belive that all i have read that only on TBH'r has killed and has pics , I would like to see more of the success at KJO before I decide to book.

Comment

When I went I didn't kill anything. Of course that is only because I missed! Keith worked hard to make sure I would get the chance at a shot. That is all I can ask from an outfitter. I missed a beatiful large fallow doe. Keith did his job I choked. I'll be going back soon to get revenge.

Comment

Pics

Do a search on Keith Johns there were pics posted just about a week ago. Beleive me he wouldnt have the following that he does if he didnt have good animals.
            All I can tell you is to talk directly with Keith he wont tell you what you want to hear just to get you there.
            Mike

Comment

how big is the ranch?

Comment

like said above you can do a search and find alot of pics from here that were taken at Keith's place. I am on my phone or would post the pics of my ram.

Comment

If we said Kieth was the man, it would be an understatement! Great place to go, you will see lots of critters and have a comfortable place to stay. Definitely the best value in bowhunting by far!

If you'll look in the pics that were posted, I'm the one with the ram and the longbow...

Comment

On Way Down There

I' m headed down there in a month. I've heard good things, but don't know anybody personnally that's been there. Keith sounds like a really nice guy and will try to please all hunters. I'm just wondering are some of the axis,fallow, and sika gonna have hard horn in February. I'm hunting Feb. 14-18. Anybody here gonna be there same time.

Comment

We will be there Feb. 13-15.

Comment

Hunting Report?

Anybody hunted kjo in last 2-3wks. I'm headed down there Valentine weekend. Wondering how animals looking and hunting is? Anyone gonna be there Feb.14-18.

Comment

Do you really expect someone with that avatar to be able to use the search function?

Comment

I am headed for my first trip to KJO in March. I am really excited about the trip. It is my first paid hunt and am taking the recommendations that I have heard on here. Talking to Keith on the phone is easy, because he seems like a genuine person. You guys that are going in Feb., please post a write up on your experience. I am itching to get down there and hopefully get some relaxation in and if lucky to fling an arrow at an animal or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Do you really expect someone with that avatar to be able to use the search function?
                              I am taking that those sights were aimed right here MISTER!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X