Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bowhunter's Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bhp

Waiting on pics. Might be interested in booking.

Comment

Pics please.....

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on to respond all week but my Dad has been in the hospital so I haven't had much access to my computer. but let me tell you about Bowhunter's Paradise. It was an absolutely incredible trip. I'm leaving to go up to the hospital shortly so I'll give a quick overview for now and a more detailed when I return. First, Jim is an absolute great guy and runs a first class operation. I didn't shoot anything but it wasn't because I didn't see animals (I saw a ton!) I was being picky plus I had to leave a little earlier than planned. I highly recommend BP. In fact, I'm already thinking about my return trip. When I get back I'll offer more details.

Comment

OK, here's my extended review:

Facilities:
          The hunting lodge is a converted double wide that is in excellent shape and is kept very, very clean. Compared to the other hunting lodges I've been to this was like the Ritz Carlton of cabins. You'll have fresh sheets, blankets, and towels provided. All meals are provided as well as a constant supply of snacks available (fruit, snack bars, cereal, etc). And trust me, you will have more than enough food than you can eat at each meal. In fact, this may be the first hunting trip I've been on that I actually gained weight

The Hunts
          The stands are permanent ground blinds built out of plywood with a shoot-through window. The blinds that I hunted were well concealed and built into a cluster of cedar trees. Every time I sat at a stand I saw animals, even when the weather didn't always cooperate (Saturday, especially in the morning, the wind was so strong (I'm guessing constant 25+MPH gust ) that definitely limited animal movement. They are wild and they are skittish, so I'd recommend if you have a sure, clear shot on a mature animal take it. I passed on a couple of nice Spanish Goats because I was holding out for a ram that I'd like to have back A thing that really stuck with me is the quality of whitetail I saw. In fact, the first day I saw my first 150+ whitetail buck alive in the wild while sitting in a stand. Although he wasn't in season nor did he present a shot if he was, my heart was thumping a mile a minute just getting a look at him. I saw three more big bodied 8 points that will be very nice next season and on the last day I saw a heavy bodied 10 point that was around 130-135 and if it had been whitetail season I would have had a tasty 20 yard broadside shot

The Experience

I can't say enough about how great a host Jim is. He is an outstanding guide, a first class person and he will do everything in his power to make sure you have a great hunt. Now I may have just been blessed to have the group of hunters I did but even though I had just met everybody there the day I arrived, by the end of my trip it seemed that we had been sharing a deer camp for years. I had an incredible time!! I highly recommend Bowhunter's Paradise and I can't wait until I return for my next hunt.

Comment

Won't post my opinion in public forum, feel free to call or pm me.

Comment

Everything Wolfkat says is right on the money. Been there and done that! Jim's a great guy.

Comment

Working...
              X