Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bowhunter's Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunter's Paradise

I will be heading to Bowhunter's Paradise this January (was going to go in September but Ike made me change my plans ) Just wondering if anyone has been there recently and had some advice they might want to pass on. I've heard a lot of great things about the place so I'm pumped up. I'm hoping for a blackbuck, an axis or a fallow.

Bowhunter's Paradise

Hey there,
    if you are looking for a great hunt, then Jim will show you a great time. Be ready not to sleep a lot because you will have non stop action. Also bring a big appetite, because his portions are HUGE. All though his recipes came from me (tell him the French Chef from Vegas) will teach him a couple more recipes when he gets there at the end of January.
    Jim will work his butt off for you and make sure to put you on animals!!!!
    Have a great time!!!

Comment

BHP is another ranch I want to check out. Let us know how your hunt goes.

Comment

BHP... appropriately named. I took a trip there at the end of October. The results of my hunt aren't exactly typical, but if you follow Jim's advice, know how to bowhunt, and shoot true its obviously possible. In 4 days I took 6 animals: a HUGE sika buck, 2 whitetail spikes, 1 whitetail doe, and 2 pigs. I also had a dumb moment and missed a nice ram while chasing it through a canyon.

My biggest pieces of advice. Scent control... everything you can control do it. Listen to Jim, he knows his ranch, and he knows the animals, trust him, and don't be afraid to ask him questions or why. Another tip is that you're going to be hunting from blinds, but stay still and for goodness sakes stay quiet. Don't go looking for any gimmes.

Link to my sika story:Sika in Paradise

Comment

Thanks to all, I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
            BHP... appropriately named. I took a trip there at the end of October. The results of my hunt aren't exactly typical, but if you follow Jim's advice, know how to bowhunt, and shoot true its obviously possible. In 4 days I took 6 animals: a HUGE sika buck, 2 whitetail spikes, 1 whitetail doe, and 2 pigs. I also had a dumb moment and missed a nice ram while chasing it through a canyon.

My biggest pieces of advice. Scent control... everything you can control do it. Listen to Jim, he knows his ranch, and he knows the animals, trust him, and don't be afraid to ask him questions or why. Another tip is that you're going to be hunting from blinds, but stay still and for goodness sakes stay quiet. Don't go looking for any gimmes.

Link to my sika story:Sika in Paradise
            I saw that Sika on the hunting success page of the BHP Success photos page (absolutely beautiful deer BTW). I don't know if you've seen it but Jim put a caption on the page after the posted photos of all of your animals saying that the animals gave a big sigh of relief when you left Great hunting!

Comment

Good luck to you. If I could afford it then I would definitely go back. It is the best ranch that I have ever hunted. Jim is a good Christian man and he is an excellent host. Be prepared to have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The best advice anyone can give you is to listen to Jim's advice. He'll tell you everything you need to know and will always try his level best to make you successful.

Be prepared to have a blast and be sure to let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Comment

Jim's a great host and all around good guy. You'll have a great time and he'll treat you like family!

Comment

we are booked at bh paradise july 19-24,cant wait!! i wish you the best luck and a safe trip,please post lpd`s when you return!

Comment

Man the lease I hunt is 33 miles north of Bow Hunters Paradise.
                      I didn't even know about this ranch.

Seems like a nice place to do some bow hunting, no guns allowed on the ranch.

Comment

Pics

Would love to see pics of this place?

Comment

Lot's of pics on the site http://bowhuntersparadise.com

Comment

Five days and a wake up until I'm there I'll have a full report when I return . . . hopefully with many, many pictures

Comment

wolf,any report on bhp as of yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X