Butchs Guide Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butch's

Butch and Ryan are both stand-up guys. I am partial b/c I am from Katy and friends with them. Ryan usually tries to set out the spread before his hunters get to the field, don't know about his other guides. They scout every afternoon in attempt to get in the best field for their hunters and do some amazing calling work. Sure not everyone is going to be 100% happy with every hunt, but they have some guys kill 25-30 geese (a solid hunt) and complain that they didn't get enough shooting, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. They've also had guys show up in bright yellow rain slickers, so it kind of goes both ways... I've hunted with them for the past 12 seasons and really enjoy their work ethic and company in the field... Sure some hunts are slow, but weather can make or break a lot of hunts... good luck and have fun...

Comment

They are great guys...

There are tons of birds in the area, and lots of them are juvies...

We have shot tons of geese this year. For the price you can't go wrong with them.

Comment

Well to say the least I was not impressed. Granted the weather was not near perfect but we were set up in a freshly( and I mean freshly plowed field) you couldn't have hid a rat in it. Ryan blew a goose call and did as good as you can with it. He did not call shots on several flocks of geese inside 35 yards. I actually called it several times and he said I didn't even see those. Great guy but the party I was with, several of us guide and mouth call very well, Know how to hide and kill geese. All in all I won't say it was terrible but could have been a lot better. We did kill 11 birds but shouldve had 25 or so had more shots been called. 10 shooters on a bluebird day- I would have called anything inside of 45 yards with the way we were hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by bonesplitter View Post
          Well to say the least I was not impressed. Granted the weather was not near perfect but we were set up in a freshly( and I mean freshly plowed field) you couldn't have hid a rat in it. Ryan blew a goose call and did as good as you can with it. He did not call shots on several flocks of geese inside 35 yards. I actually called it several times and he said I didn't even see those. Great guy but the party I was with, several of us guide and mouth call very well, Know how to hide and kill geese. All in all I won't say it was terrible but could have been a lot better. We did kill 11 birds but shouldve had 25 or so had more shots been called. 10 shooters on a bluebird day- I would have called anything inside of 45 yards with the way we were hidden.
          On a bad day 60 yards isn't too far to sling some steel!!!

Comment

I hunted the last two days with Ryan and Butch and we hammered on the geese. With only a few small groups left on the praire yet to head north, we didn't have the numbers on our side, but it was a couple of the best decoying days I've seen this year. On Saturday, we hunted in Garwood and shot 22. Today we hunted between Eagle Lake and Lissie and shot 20. A farmer to the North was running the geese from his wheat and we got some great groups coming to us. If you haven't hunted caller season, you are missing out. We punished some big groups that had to raise up to clear the first row of decoys.

Comment

Working...
            X