Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mesquite bowhunting ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see how my hunt goes in November at MBH...It's already prepaid plus 4 of my family members and friends are going.

My hunt was a gift from my wife for my 40th bday...this thread is not making her feel good about her decision right now. Let's just hope and pray that we have a better time and better hunt than you experienced.

Thanks for the MBH update.

Comment

KJO is the place to be. I haven't been on alot of day hunts but I was very impressed with his operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight in Mossy Oak View Post
        We'll see how my hunt goes in November at MBH...It's already prepaid plus 4 of my family members and friends are going.

My hunt was a gift from my wife for my 40th bday...this thread is not making her feel good about her decision right now. Let's just hope and pray that we have a better time and better hunt than you experienced.

Thanks for the MBH update.

I have a friend that booked for later and here is what I told him...

Ask for a ladder stand, and when you see feet coming go ahead and draw your bow. If it ain't what you want, you can always let the bow down. If you wait to draw, you may get busted as the stands are only about 5-6 feet off the ground. There is a tri pod on there also where there are alot of deer coming through. There are two small windows to shoot through that are about 8 inches wide. You most likely won't like that stand.

Comment

Hrrrmmmmmm ..................

Comment

Wow.......That is just the opposite of the reports a couple of my buddies gave me. That have a blast everytime they go. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Wow.......That is just the opposite of the reports a couple of my buddies gave me. That have a blast everytime they go. Hope you find what you're looking for!
              I've read a couple posts just in the past week or so stating the animals looked under nourished (starving) Now thats concerning all the animals I've seen in the past several months around our place are fat and happy, and we aren't over feeding by any means.

Comment

I was down at this ranch a few weeks before Ike and I can say the animals in no way looked malnurished by any means.

Alot less hair and due to the heat but that was it.

Hence my Hrrrrrmmmmmmm ......... Comment

Comment

Well, I can honestly say this...I would not make any of that stuff up. If it wasn't true I would not say it. What I am looking for is a little bit of honesty and an outfitter who will at least act like he is happy about me being there. Maybe Gerald didn't like my bald head.

Comment

I will say this about Gerald, he doesnt have a big emotional personality, he comes off dry to people with little or no emotion but truly what I have learned about him is that he is a good guy.

Even Aggiebowhunter here on the green scene seen that with him, now if you p&*s him off for some reason then he just isnt a nice guy, you didnt do that did ya ......... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hcshooter View Post
                      now if you p&*s him off for some reason then he just isnt a nice guy, you didnt do that did ya ......... LOL
                      Well, I did kill one of his rams. That might have set him off.

Comment

IMO, the place is overstocked and severly underfed. We also felt like we were more of a burden for the ol' boy.
                        We've had the same experience at 3 c's game ranch in limestone county near kosse, never booked with them have ya? There are definitely some bad apples out there, I imagine those boys won't be around much longer with the way the economy is goin.

Comment

I doubt killing one of his rams made him angry.

What about your hunting partner , what animals did he see on stand? Did he see any of the Axis or Sika?

Comment

I hunted there ONCE...and theres a reason for the ONCE...

Comment

I'm new to this site and was looking for reports for this year from mesquite bowhunting ranch and couldn't believe what u all were saying about Gerald. I think this will be my 6th or 7th year hunting with Gerald and he goes above and beyond what he has to do. I agree if u **** him off or don't respect him or his place, he isn't gonna treat u that great. I would recomend hunting at ranch to anyone looking for a low cost hunt from a great guy. I live in Kansas and drive 13 hours past many bowhunting ranches each year to hunt at Gerald's place. I hope if u are looking for a hunt like this u will give him a try. U won't be dissapointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X