No announcement yet.

Extreme Bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we hunted last week of July, it was awesome,, I missed a huge Aoudad, and my buddy harvested a nice Blackbuck... one pig was taken and one was lost, as for the other two hunters they took , 3 pigs, 1 Axis doe, and one Aoudad, and another Aoudad was not recovered... good place!!!

Comment

I really appreciate the replies and pictures guys. I'm starting to get excited about this!

Comment

Good luck on your hunt

Comment

The best advice I would offer is know what "you" will be happy with. When you see an animal that will make you happy and is in your range for a comfortable shot, take it. You will see a bunch of animals and it can be all to EZ to pass on the 18yd "whatever" because you can see a much bigger "enter name here" feeding your direction. I had a check list for each animal in my package, I felt like I knew what I would be happy with. Even with all of that, I got somewhat overwhelmed and "almost" let my BB walk out of my shot window as I watched 2 axis feed in my direction. The story is long, but I took the shot on my BB and couldn't be happier. I had one more set for our last morning and I did not see a single exotic buck. So again, my advice is if the ranch offers you a shot (and it will) on an animal you would be proud of, take it. I feel like you could really regret the "one you let pass" especially on a 2 day hunt. Regardless good luck and have a fantastic hunt. You will rebook on the future.

Comment

Guys let's keep this place a secret lol

Comment

That is great advice.

Comment

I just requested to see if some open dates in March for a 4 day hunt (not sure what yet), Will be taking G-son on his spring break.
                I see lots about Exotics but what about hogs? Past hunters, did you have a shot opportunity?

Comment

On our hunt I had 1 true shot opportunity on a 2 day (1 and a half, in reality) and it was late, near dark. I know the hogs are there but when we were there they were only moving at or near dark. That said for our trip this Dec. we have got permission to hunt (hogs) after dark so we will walk out and most of us have predator lights mounted on our bows.

Comment

thanks-anyone else. I'd hate to take my g-son 24 hours 1 way & not have a shot opportunity at a hog. I've been to a place in Ok. (he killed his 1st hog there on the Wounded Warrior hunt I sponsored) & always see daytime hogs.

Comment

To be fair, when we were there we were on the exotics pkg. and Caleb put us in areas to have the best opportunity to fill that portion of our hunt. I think if we were targeting hogs he would have pointed us in the right direction to have that opportunity. I have a friend in Texas that has done several hunts at extreme and he has taken a few hogs including one Hoss

Comment

I saw many hogs when there in 2009. I had no shots though. I'd say I had pigs around at nearly every sit... Just not any in range except sows with piglets.

Comment

thanks again fellas

Comment

Deposit going in the mail for me & 15 year old G-son starting March 16th.

Comment

anyone been recently or is everyone concentrating on Deer now.

Comment

anyone been lately?

Comment

Working...
                                X