X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked on the website and its 120 acres

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      No need to go on the defensive. I said it seemed like a sales pitch. The majority of your posts have been about this ranch, so either you really love it or you have an interest in it. If it was just a secret then I appreciate the info. I am leery, because there are many people that come through this section looking for free advertisement. If you aren't, then cool. Welcome
      Well I joined about 2 weeks before I left for my trip.

Comment

Bassmatt,I hunt around the corner off 2955. Been by the ranch quite a bit.Nice piece of property on that east side.My place is behind the Priest property

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          This thread seems to be more of a sales pitch than a review.
          Well if it's a sells pitch it's a pretty good one.

Comment

Originally posted by txhighcaliber View Post
            Well if it's a sales pitch it's a pretty good one.
            Good luck when you book a hunt then

Comment

Ranch Review

From my perspective..
              We got there Friday afternoon. Finding the place was very easy and saw some very beautiful country going and coming home a different way than we went.
              Allan was there to greet us and was a gracious host from the get go. He was straight forward about the operation and the way the hunting was. There is no electricity or running water at the camp. He has lights set up on solar charged batteries and water is set for a outdoor shower off a large water tank and it is solar heated. There is another tank that is used to wash Game and for general use. The restroom is a old fashion out house but to me that adds a bit of old fashion charm. This is not the tajmahal but you aren't paying for it either.
              The hunt is 80 a day (including the use of lodging, and you provide your own food and drink), for this you can take one hog per day you stay and for 40 dollars you can kill another. Now, you book and pay 160, you can kill both hogs in one day and be done and just hang out. And believe me when I say you can kill both hogs in one sitting. He has everything from footballs to some nice size 200 and above hogs.
              He will tell you he feeds protein,not corn, and the hogs will be there as soon as he starts feeding. He dropped us off and they came around, he went back to camp and loaded the feeder and came back and by the time he turned the corner the pigs was on the roads.
              His stands are ladder stands from what I saw and the hogs know they are there and you have to pick your time to move just right.
              We mostly did our own skinning and quartering.
              Had a nice time and a good guy to do business with.
              Wish he would add some ground blinds for us old guys
              But very nice time.
              BTW. Lost one of mine when he moved backward as I shot and I hit through the front shoulder and no blood track. But got one about 70 pounds within thirty minutes the next morning that was perfectly dead right there.

Comment

That's good to hear. congrats on your meat hog. 70lbs is good eatin

Comment

Hmm. May have to try a hunt before my kjo trip to put some meat in the freezer

Comment

Can you just do a one day hunt? Is there a trophey fee on deer. May use this place to introduce the wife to hunting but do know if she will camp out without running water.

Comment

Yes you can do just a one day hunt there. I'm looking forward to going back there soon.

Comment

Thanks for the Info.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          Sent them an email with questions and never got a response back, been 3 weeks now.
                          I have emailed and called on two occasions but never heard back. Does anyone know if the number on the website is still the correct one?

Comment

I've called the number twice as well and have not heard a word in reply. Did the guy disappear or something???

Comment

I live down the road from there, near Evant, and try to keep up with the local gossip at the feed store. I know they have a major, major hog problem down around Gatesville - they have annual helicopter hunts, bounty hunts, everything, trying to get hog numbers down. That seems to support the claims in these posts. I'd go for it!

Comment

Techzan and I are headed to the Mountain this afternoon. Looking forward to finally using my "new" bowtech assassin. Sounds like almost a sure deal....at least on shooting at something...we'll keep you all posted!

Comment

Working...
                                X