No announcement yet.

Brushy Hill Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I agree if you think he's to close let him walk. The guy in our group has not ever shot anything that good with his bow. So he took a chance. The deer don't give you much time to make that decision. You got think quick.

Comment

headed out wed. morning cant wait!! My father took a 7 two years ago with a 21" inside spread. last year we got hit with the full moon blues and only saw 6 deer the whole week. This year should be better with the new moon and all!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser View Post
        I can't believe it. I screwed up the shot with one minor error that I forgot to check, ARROW CLEARANCE.
        I feel your pain, I did the same thing on another day lease a few years back. Here's my 120" trophy.

BTW I agree with what you said about BH, great place and Nick will do his best for you. Hunted turkey back last spring and plan to go again this year.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've been 3 yrs in a row now..see good deer every hunt. but you have to really brush up your blind good.

Comment

Went this year for the first time. It is a very tough area to hunt. I was able to get it done on an 8 1/2 buck. Not much for a rack, but as tough as it was to get close to a deer down there, i was proud to have him!

Comment

Wow like that's never happened to any of us, Right? LOL If I could only count the ones I have blown; they way out number the victories. Nice wright up.

Comment

Great Ranch though. I will definately be back

Comment

so how does the setup work? setups already there? set up before you hunt and hunt half a day and then hunt half a day when you leave and pick up? Thanks

Comment

I have been 2 times seen some nice wall hangers both times deer are hard to hunt big bucks avoid the corn route in most cases its just a shot in the dark to get set up in the right place its a must to get brushed in right even if it cost you a hunt if you dont you will get busted everytime those deer have seen it all most trees are not big enough for tree stands to be out of sight in . But all in all its a fun place and you never know what you could get a chance at.

Comment

Anybody recommend Brushy Hill for a spring turkey hunt? Looking to book a weekend trip somewhere not too far from Austin. Website looks good, prices seem fair. Thanks for any input.

Comment

We saw somewhere around 75 to 100 turkey last time we were there and the time before that i had 12 or so nice ones within 10 yards. So in my opinion its a nicer place to hunt turkey. Get with Nick and pay the little extra for him to set you up and air one out

Comment

Lots of birds in the hog heaven and the river pasture plus get to shoot pigs and there are some bruiser pigs out there

Comment

I've hunted with Nick several times. Really nice guy and brushy hill is a great place to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X