Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best day lease to take the wife for her first hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I want to give some advice but take it for what you want. Too many people want to have their kid or wife shoot a hog for their first bow kill. The problem is it is very easy to wound and not recover a hog. Deer, exotics like fallow and blackbuck does, are relatively easy to kill and kill zones have room for error. Take her to 3Fingers and do an exotic doe hunt. Not wounding and losing an animal but killing and recovering an animal is what she needs for a first bow kill.
    I hear ya but I think if she did wound an animal and not recover it she would get over shooting a pig much faster then shooting a deer or exotic. I think if her first experience was wounding a black buck or whitetail and not recovering she might be done. Thanks for the input though.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
      i'd call skylar and see if he has an opening at diamond c. he's got brand new lodging and to say he has a few hogs would be a down right lie. it aint even funny how many hogs he has. your biggest problem is just shooting one at a time. nice problem
      Sounds like a plan..

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        I could fix ya up. And you could sit with her if you want. Probably won't have anything available till May, maybe April. And I promise you, it won't even break the bank.
        Sounds good, but I really need to go during spring break which is the middle of March this year, or we will have to wait until the kiddo gets out of school in June.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
          Sounds good, but I really need to go during spring break which is the middle of March this year, or we will have to wait until the kiddo gets out of school in June.
          Well, if she doesn't get to complete her mission then, holler at me in June. I promise, the people I got coming in the next 2 months won't be able to kill them all!!!

Comment

Working...
          X