Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best day lease to take the wife for her first hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best day lease to take the wife for her first hunt

Looking to take the wife on her first hunt this year. She has been shooting her bow for the past year and would like to go on a hog hunt. Need help finding a good hog day lease around the DFW area. Something that you would be willing to take your wife to.

look into BugScuffle Ranch. I've never been but many have recommended it for the pretty hill country scenery.

Comment

Three Fingers Bowhunting is within 2 hours of DFW and has great hog hunting. They don't have lodging, but there are cheap hotels about 10 minutes away.

Comment

Brushy Hill. Will be Slow right Now and you Could probley Pick up your own section for just you and her and have a Camp house for just your self. Let them know what you are looking for and they will hook yall up.

Comment

Diamond C or Big Oak Bowhunting

Comment

How far is brushy hill or big oak from the DFW area?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Heard a lot of good things about the diamond c but I bet he is booked up on spring break. Need to go during spring break so I can take my daughter to the inlaws

Comment

I think I'm about 2 hours from Dallas
                Bring her out and hunt Axis or Sika does
                I'm loaded up

Comment

[QUOTE=Buff;4826624]I think I'm about 2 hours from Dallas
                  Bring her out and hunt Axis or Sika does
                  I'm loaded up[/QUOTE

She wants to try and shoot a pig for her first animal. Not sure if she will like it or be done once she shoots the first one. Not sure how she will react to shooting one. She has set with me at the lease the past couple years but hasn't been with me when I shot a deer or pig. If she enjoys it (like I hope she does) then we will definitely be in for some Axis and black buck hunting.

Buff how much are you charging for Axis doe hunts? I might be interested in a hunt.

Comment

Try the KJO.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
                        Heard a lot of good things about the diamond c but I bet he is booked up on spring break. Need to go during spring break so I can take my daughter to the inlaws

I'd call and see!

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
                          Looking to take the wife on her first hunt this year. She has been shooting her bow for the past year and would like to go on a hog hunt. Need help finding a good hog day lease around the DFW area. Something that you would be willing to take your wife to.
                          I could fix ya up. And you could sit with her if you want. Probably won't have anything available till May, maybe April. And I promise you, it won't even break the bank.

Comment

i'd call skylar and see if he has an opening at diamond c. he's got brand new lodging and to say he has a few hogs would be a down right lie. it aint even funny how many hogs he has. your biggest problem is just shooting one at a time. nice problem

Comment

I want to give some advice but take it for what you want. Too many people want to have their kid or wife shoot a hog for their first bow kill. The problem is it is very easy to wound and not recover a hog. Deer, exotics like fallow and blackbuck does, are relatively easy to kill and kill zones have room for error. Take her to 3Fingers and do an exotic doe hunt. Not wounding and losing an animal but killing and recovering an animal is what she needs for a first bow kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X