No announcement yet.

Best bow day hunt setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like knowing how much it is going to cost me up front.I like the option of having a guide or not. Im not big on trophy fees,

Comment

Starting to look like people are pretty much split on this issue. Maybe there is a burger king (have it your way) set up if there is a good way to include packages with either option.

Comment

You choose. Small $50 day with trophy fee or $250 day fee no trophy fees.

Comment

where are you located in sour lake

where are you located in sour lake? I live in bmt. Do you have hogs and how much do you charge for this kind of hunt?

Comment

Huntex give us an idea of what kind of operation you have for the bowhunters and let me see if I can help you get going. I'm out of the Mosshill area and I know a few bow hunters in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by ProV1 View Post
              I like the way Brushy Hill has it set up. You have the option of DIY, have them set you up some spots, or guided. All at different pay levels. No trophy fee, just pay your level to hunt and hunt within their age, point, and other rules. Most bowhunters on a day lease are not going to be novices, no people I know started hunting deer with a bow. Camphouse with water, elec, and kitchen, let the hunters do their own meals.
              x2. Depending what game you have, maybe somewhere between Brushy Hill and Diamond C hunting rates.

Comment

Huntex where is your place I'm interested in an archery hunt. What you got? I'm not far in jasper

Comment

Glad you posted this. Where is your place? Contact info? I would be interested in a hunt or two. Thanks.

Comment

Place is in Sour Lake area. Will let y'all know if I make the move to archery this year.

Comment

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
                      Small day fee and a reasonable trophy fee

Comment

I like the no kill no pay places, that you pay a smaller use fee so that owner is still making something. I use to go to a place that cost $50 a day and if you shot a doe $150, cull buck $150 or big buck $1000. But if you didn't shoot anything, you only paid the day fee.

But I'd be happy to come out for free a few times so I can do a great review online here for you!

Comment

How many acres are you planning on hunting? This can have an influence on the way you should hunt it.

Comment

I have hunted many of the better known daily bowhunting places.

I prefer to pay a resonable daily fee (ranch needs to cover costs of hunters that don't score) and a trophy or replacement fee if I decide to shoot something else.

Most of the place I really like, charge something like 100 to 150 per day, but you get a pig or maybe a doe for that. Trophy animals are higher off course.

I like the freedom to move around as much as the next guy, but if you let people do this, they will be cutting their own shooting lanes, disturbing the area, and possibly messing up the next guy. Most places that run a lot of hunts, put you out and pick you up. Semi guided, is the common term.

Make sure you keep your set ups thick so the animals don't learn where to look for the hunter, and keep the shots very close if possible. Less wounding and more happy hunters.

Tell the hunters to stay in the stand and don't go tracking hit animals by themselves.

Know someone close that has a tracking dog.

Keep enough animals on the place that the hunters see what they are after, even if they don't get a shot...most will be happy.

Comment

Chunky I couldn't have said it better myself. Your comments echo my feelings exactly!

Comment

Working...
                              X