Possible 1300 mi Roadtrip to Diamond C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible 1300 mi Roadtrip to Diamond C

Going to be heading back to Texas from Michigan for a great time hunting exotics and hogs in ealy April. I am thinking about going to the Diamond C. My cousin and Uncle went there a year ago and had nothing but great things to say about it. I normally make the spring road trip to Texas with my cousin but I couldnt make it last year, and as things have panned out it looks like I will be heading there on my own this year. Curious how the hunts are going at the Diamond C. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Never heard a bad thing come out of the Diamond C. You will have a great time. I would fly into DFW and get someone to pick you up. Just a thought.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Hoping to book early next week. No flying for me. I will be making the journey by way of F-150. Anyway, it will seem odd not being there with the guys I normally hunt wth. Maybe some TBH'ers will be around.

Comment

We have another trip to Diamond C planned for the end of this month. It will be my third time. Always LOTS of hogs and good exotics. There is a new lodge now so the accomadations will be even better. Shouldn't have too difficult time recruiting some TBHer's to join you. In the "around the campire" section there is a thread that just finished about a hunt there this past weekend and of course there is the thread going on about our trip at the end of the month. Should have plenty of up dates for you to follow along. You won't regret a hunt at Diamond C.

Comment

Booking this morning. I am planning on doing the 4 day exotic hunt. I have heard that the Oryx will no longer be hunted. Hoping the price on that dropped a bit and I may add that on. Planning on hunting from April 2 until the 5th. Being that this is during the week I am not sure how many others will be in camp but hopefully I will get to meet a few TBH folk.

Comment

Well, thats done. I am booked for the week of April 2nd. Doing the Diamond C Safari package.

Comment

good luck to you.

Comment

Good luck, looking froward to your report!

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuck2 View Post
                  Well, thats done. I am booked for the week of April 2nd. Doing the Diamond C Safari package.
                  Nice how many guys you hunting with out there? I love the Diamond C.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                    Nice how many guys you hunting with out there? I love the Diamond C.
                    When I booked I was told that there would be 1 other group in camp. There are 3 in that group. I am my own group I guess.

Comment

I'm heading down on the 13 April 12. This will be our firt time. Can't wait

Comment

Enjoy the new digs! Skylar's done it right.
                        We went a couple of weeks ago and if you're after a hog.......can you say target overload! Saw alot of exotics as well. Should be a great time. Good Luck

Comment

There is a Live thread from the Diamond C in Around the Campfire right now.

Comment

bowbuck 2 please pm,maybe we could hook up,i live in st louis mo and would luv to take a axis buk dont know about the time frame of your hunt

Comment

Can't wait to head down there. Last time I traveled down to hunt (2009---hunted Keith Johns then over to Boazman's) I started a 5 day live hunt thread--http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79358&highlight=michigan+express
                              Depending on the connectivity I may try and do the same. It was fun getting out the action of the days hunt with photos (when possible) and reading the posts of other TBH'ers. Biggest problem was trying to get pix to upload. But at a very least I wil provide after hunt post updates of what type of action is being seen on the ranch.
                              I can't wait for April to get here.

Comment

Working...
                              X