No announcement yet.

Going back to KJO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kjo is a joke worst place ever. Most uncomfortable place I've been to. Tbh is the only place he gets good ratings from, everywhere else people aren't afraid to share their true experience, ive never talked to anybody that has had a good hunt there but when posting they always say they had a good hunt. Look at his rating thf before booking. Guess I will sit by my phone bc all my negative comments he calls after to try and justify why I saw nothing, bc its hunted 730 times a year.

Comment

I will start off by saying to each there own. I have hunted with Keith twice and both time my daughter was the one hunting. Both times my daughter had plenty of animals to choose from and a lot of them were good quality animals. We have had numerous opps at good animals within range but for different reasons it hasent happen for her yet. This weekend she had 4 big axis bucks within range but never presented her a shot. She is a kid and isn't as fast as us at picking a shot. But I'll put her against any shooter inside 20 yards. She did come away with a big ram this weekend and she was very happy with that. As long as Keith continues to treat us like royalty and treat my daughter like one of his own we will continue to go back. I have never felt that he lacks animals. Look at my post of this weekend and I think you will agree that we saw plenty in just a couple sits.

FYI...I have been to numerous operations like Keiths and disliked most of them. Yet some people on here think there the best. That's there opinion and its cool.

LOL!! I also wouldn't say Keith does what he does cause he's financially pressured. But thats just my opinion.

Happy Hunting!!

Ray

Comment

Elkoholic, give him a try. I'm pretty sure you will have a good time as well. If you don't for some reason or another let him know before you leave and I promise you he will find a way to make it right.

Comment

Getting the popcorn ready for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by poco bueno View Post

LOL!! I also wouldn't say Keith does what he does cause he's financially pressured. But thats just my opinion.

Happy Hunting!!

Ray
            I would not say that either.

Keith and his son are both great guys and I have never went there and had a bad time. The times we did not have a good hunt or bad conditions, Keith always tried to do what he could to make up for it. I am not bashing him or his ranch in any way. Just voicing my opinion on the actual hunt and animals on the ranch. It is a rate the day lease section and this is only my opinion. I just think some ranches other than his are more desirable for myself.

Comment

Nature Boy, well said!! Everyone has there own opinion and desires on things.

Happy Hunting!!

Ray

Comment

Whats desirable to you? Living 5 stars and getting meals included for the $500.

Comment

LOL...think you need to re-read my post. I'm not the one wanting that kind of hunt. On the flip side if you can find us all a place like that I think we'd all be in.

Ray

Comment

A group of friends and myself have been there four plus times and had great success and a great time hanging with Keith and Wade (for those of you that don't know his name). He is more than willing to please his customers. We go back every June and have the time of our lives. KEITH JOHNS OUTDOOR is a great place to relax hunt and hang with great people. True Hunters that is.

Comment

Hey Duane Mena, glad to here that about KJO.

Bowhuntamistad, sorry about my post to you. I see now who your post was intended for.

Ray

Comment

For the people that dont like keith. Dont go back this will open up weekends for the people that actually like going there to spend more time there. I for one have had chances to kill almost everytime i have been on stand there after i learned more about the place. Also plan on going back every chance i get because keith has made me a part of his bowhunting family and i enjoy my time at his ranch. It may not be as nice as rattlesnake springs ranch but i have had more fun (which is what it is all about) hunting at kjo.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          Whats desirable to you? Living 5 stars and getting meals included for the $500.
                          No not at all, maybe desirable is not the right choice of words. Again this is an opinion and like i said, I am not bashing Keith at all. I am in no way complaining about his prices, they are hard to beat. The point I am trying to make, more so than talking about what I don't like about his ranch, is how people get torn apart by people like you and others that do not agree or have had other experiences. Not just with KJO but every ranch some one has a difference of opinion on, there is always some one that thinks just because there experience was not what other's experience was they are bad, or bashing the ranch. This section is for opinions and information (hence Rate The Day Lease) not every one is going to agree but all opinioons and information are welcome here. I am sorry for taking away from the original thread and will not continue on this topic here.

Comment

Keith John's is a great Guy.......

Hey Guys,
                            I have been to several Outfits over the past 10 years and I have never had a shot or even seen a Mature Axis. I went to Keith's place last February and the first evening I missed a huge Black Buck. After that the same night I watched a huge Axis skirt the edge of the Woods and couldn't get a shot. The second morning we went out and I shot a smaller Black Buck after getting busted by that Hog of a Axis. So I had the package where you get 1 Exotic, 1 Ram and hogs. Of course the next morning I had that huge Axis come in at a different Stand and I couldn't shoot him because I was already done with my package. I do have to say I drew back on him a couple of times......hahaha.
                            I got back to the ranch and mentioned it to Keith and he said to me: Why didn't you shoot the Axis, we would have worked something out!!!! I almost cried..... Oh well that is hunting and all I can say is that Keith is a hell of a Guy and I will be back.

P.S. From my understanding Keith does his own trapping so he can get the animals cheaper than other ranches......
                            Last edited by abouch1213; 12-12-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Like I said before: I have no problems with this type of hunt or ranch, but I'm only interested in Trophy Fees due to the risk and animal maturity. It is simple math that for $500 you cant afford to have everyone kill, combined with feeding mature animals. By the time a Blackbuck for example gets mature a person would have invested several times that amount in feed alone. Not to include animals getting out, and dying of natural causes. This type of hunt is great for kids and good times with the guys. However if you are hunting mature animals this is a hard way to do it. The risk of no kill and the unlikely chance of seeing a mature animal.. I do several hunts a year where I go for the away time and the hunt is a bonus. This in my opinion is this type of hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by Nature Boy View Post
                                No not at all, maybe desirable is not the right choice of words. Again this is an opinion and like i said, I am not bashing Keith at all. I am in no way complaining about his prices, they are hard to beat. The point I am trying to make, more so than talking about what I don't like about his ranch, is how people get torn apart by people like you and others that do not agree or have had other experiences. Not just with KJO but every ranch some one has a difference of opinion on, there is always some one that thinks just because there experience was not what other's experience was they are bad, or bashing the ranch. This section is for opinions and information (hence Rate The Day Lease) not every one is going to agree but all opinioons and information are welcome here. I am sorry for taking away from the original thread and will not continue on this topic here.
                                Wasn't directed at you...just in general. I mean, what do people expect for $500 smackers?

I remember doing the Carta Valley Wildlife hunts several times a year for $400(exotic) and all we ever got was a red sheep, aoudad, and a mouflon. It is supposed to be hard and thats what makes it fun. If people complain about not seeing anything over feeders over a lousy $500 I would hate to see them after spending thousands to hunt out west and not seeing anything

Comment

Working...
                                X