Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDE Jan 6-8th Live: Guadalupe River SP, Guadalupe Buar unit, and Honey Creek SNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Thanks fellers. In all, our group of 4 took 6 axis, 3 whitetails, a 1 audad. 1 axis was lost. That would have made 7 axis. We had a biologist in the park testing for CWD by removing some neck lymph nodes on all animals. I'll get the study results back in a few weeks. I don't expect a positive for the critters we killed. But could be interesting data, if you like numbers and that sort of thing.

The park personal were very accommodating. And our hunt coordinator for our unit worked "her" tail off. She was also very communicative. And encouraged everyone in our group to be. And she wasn't afraid to pick up a critter and help me load it. She even spent some time at the cleaning station helping with some of the skinning. Safety is the number one subject. And this is a well run program with Safety paramount. We used a group chat to start/stop each hunt. And for confirmation of when everyone was in the blind and ready to "go hot" or "go cold".

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Congratulations on a great Trip Mr. Mike!! I may have to put in for this hunt next year! Did they have any Standby spots available on this hunt?

Comment

All spots were filled. No standby available. Course, I understand why.

I will definitely be putting in for this one again. I was pretty fortunate to get a permit here. As there were only 4 available. And my partner got one too, when I got drawn. This was our 13th year to put in for GDE.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Y'all did good

Comment

Working...
        X