Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Matador Mule deer - check your draw status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
    Deadline is the 27th, my group is 4 of the 10 slots drawn. We’re all 4 going, so there’s a chance at 6 other spots. Can’t wait for the hunt, should be a blast.

Congratulations on the draw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
      The Pending 2nd draw status is not a direct reflection or representation on whether or not anyone has paid for their permit yet. If though, by chance, a permit is not purchased than a second drawing will take place after the deadline to purchase it has passed. That 10’ish day period in between will say Pending 2nd Draw regardless of permits purchased.

I believe there are certain hunts though that don’t offer a second chance drawing, similar to how some don’t offer standbys, and those automatically go to ‘not selected’. Not sure why some do and some don’t but that’s just what I’ve noticed over the years.
      There is only a smaller sub-set of applicants they get into the 2nd draw not everyone. Not sure if it is done by preference points or just random. Our application says not selected, have friend that puts in for the same hunt and his says pending 2nd.

Comment

Been putting in for 4 years for me and my wife. My mule deer applications say either not selected or pending second draw. Curious on about how many years it takes putting in to draw a tag?

Comment

Took us 14 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            There is only a smaller sub-set of applicants they get into the 2nd draw not everyone. Not sure if it is done by preference points or just random. Our application says not selected, have friend that puts in for the same hunt and his says pending 2nd.
            If the hunt has a second draw they all go to second draw. Not a small subset.

Comment

Took us 14 years.

Ouch. Is it worth even putting in? Hell, I can get a land owner tag in Colorado or draw every 2 years where I elk hunt for what it costs me to buy in for 14 years in Texas…

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Ouch. Is it worth even putting in? Hell, I can get a land owner tag in Colorado or draw every 2 years where I elk hunt for what it costs me to buy in for 14 years in Texas…

It costs $3/app in Texas and you don’t need a license to apply; I’m very interested in any leftover $42 LO tags

I hear you though, TPWD needs to change the draw system.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                  It costs $3/app in Texas and you don’t need a license to apply; I’m very interested in any leftover $42 LO tags

Lol right

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post

Wanna send me a pm and educate me on LO tags? Lol

Theoretically it is cheaper. But I’m putting in for every mule deer tag x3 people. Adds up quick with all the other draws I put in for. Oh well, gots to pay to play!

Comment

Ok boys, one of my group can’t get time off, there’s at least one spot for second draw or standby. Just wanted to let y’all know. I would have called I sick, no way I’m missing this hunt!

Comment

My dad and I have 12 pref points.
                        We are 2nd draw for Matador.
                        Actually hoping we don't get drawn....He has stage 4 cancer and in the middle of treatments. (We have some other not so rigorous hunts lined up).
                        Hopefully we get drawn next year, and he will be able to go.

Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Off topic, but here are our three private land Mule deer from last year. Near Golden, Denver in the back ground.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
                            Off topic, but here are our three private land Mule deer from last year. Near Golden, Denver in the back ground.
                            great deer but i am more interested in whats blacked out...?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              great deer but i am more interested in whats blacked out...?
                              it's a shadow from the phone.

Comment

Ok boys, one of my group can’t get time off, there’s at least one spot for second draw or standby. Just wanted to let y’all know. I would have called I sick, no way I’m missing this hunt!
                                Kick him in the keister for me
                                Last edited by SC-001; 10-24-2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X