No announcement yet.

Abilene state park 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am late on this thread but marshman and Heath and a few others of us had a grand time the year we were drawn. It was an epic hunt and thread. Maybe even some blood trailing across the pool area and down the steps etc. I don't know how others felt but I had a great time!

Camp 66 is a prime spot. It is a funnel/pinch point and all around camping mecca!

The key is a Coleman tent blind, Cheetos, blue jeans and screaming kids. Without all that it is a tough hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by LilHoss View Post
      I am late on this thread but marshman and Heath and a few others of us had a grand time the year we were drawn. It was an epic hunt and thread. Maybe even some blood trailing across the pool area and down the steps etc. I don't know how others felt but I had a great time!

Camp 66 is a prime spot. It is a funnel/pinch point and all around camping mecca!

The key is a Coleman tent blind, Cheetos, blue jeans and screaming kids. Without all that it is a tough hunt.
      Hey Brendan how you been? We did have a good time up there! Hope you and the family have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics Justin, They Look great !

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
          Wow. Just 2 deer killed? They must have really thinned the herd since I went in 2013. We saw deer and had shot opportunities each time we went out. That’s not counting all the deer we saw while we weren’t hunting. The place was overran with them.
          For sure, this place used to be mucho overpopulated

Comment

Nice hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
              Also some pics for those asking about the yurts. Would be great for a family camping trip. AC and heater, though they say the AC doesn’t work great in the summer. Also a fridge and microwave. Grill on the fire pit outside and bath house a short walk away.

Those are nice, I like that.

Comment

Working...
              X