No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment A 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be safe traveling and setting up. I live close by, so if you forgot anything, I probably have it and will help out any way I can.

Getting some NASTY weather tonight and tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Already a good line at check in.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

i hate to hear that Blood Trail... on the "i am gonna have to skip this one" thought...i had a buddy several years ago that drew and decided to stay home and hunt a 160 he had coming in at his own place. he didnt kill it, a neighbor did a few weeks later. he didnt regret it.

but, i was just made aware of 3 deer next door to one of my spots that will be bigger, or very close, than anything i have killed. after the rain tomorrow i will go out and set up a nice big pile of feed on that side of my place. if one, or more, of those dudes start showing up, i will have a decision to make. i am in seg B, so i have a little time, but just trying to think ahead....

so, would a consistent 160 showing up at your spot keep you from going to the H? what about a consistent 140? 150?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          i hate to hear that Blood Trail... on the "i am gonna have to skip this one" thought...i had a buddy several years ago that drew and decided to stay home and hunt a 160 he had coming in at his own place. he didnt kill it, a neighbor did a few weeks later. he didnt regret it.

but, i was just made aware of 3 deer next door to one of my spots that will be bigger, or very close, than anything i have killed. after the rain tomorrow i will go out and set up a nice big pile of feed on that side of my place. if one, or more, of those dudes start showing up, i will have a decision to make. i am in seg B, so i have a little time, but just trying to think ahead....

so, would a consistent 160 showing up at your spot keep you from going to the H? what about a consistent 140? 150?
          I would absolutely stay home for a consistent 160. 140 probably not.

Comment

Not sure where home is, but 10 miles north of H I’m still seeing younger bucks in bachelor groups.
            Last night there were 12-15 doe and a few small young bucks.
            No interest in each other what so ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              I would absolutely stay home for a consistent 160. 140 probably not.
              check instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                check instagram
                i checked IG and I didn't see anything!?!?!?

Comment

Hate to hear that Leon! Hope the family gets to feeling better.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

GL To all. Keep those updates rolling. I look forward to these threads every year since I started bow hunting in 2019.

Just curious... how many of yall are finding that plan A is over crowded and end up setting up at a secondary location?
                    Last edited by ctom87; 11-03-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      GL To all. Keep those updates rolling. I look forward to these threads every year since I started bow hunting in 2019.

Just curious... how many of yall are finding that plan A is over crowded and end up setting up at a secondary location?

Having not hunted H but followed most live threads since joining, I don’t see too many people move based on being crowded, but without you possibly knowing everybody’s primary spot that will likely be a game day decision

Comment

Come on A guys give us some updates

Setups look good?

What are you doing to prepare for the weather tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          Come on A guys give us some updates

Setups look good?

What are you doing to prepare for the weather tomorrow
                          Set showed some promise. Got a couple of fresh scrapes close by. Had 3 does, 7 turkey and about 20 hogs come in on me while I was setting up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

My setup looks good near a couple of trees dropping acorns and watching three trails coming into acorns. Good sign all around and I setup two mock scrapes within 20 yards. Had one deer blow on me setting up. I'm gonna keep an eye on the storm line and will make a mad dash to the truck if it looks bad. They predicting winds up to 50, hail and maybe tornado activity anytime between 1-2 pm. Got grunt tube and horns for light rattling.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Set up looks good. Fresh scrapes since Tuesday but I got couple people close by and my 2nd 3rd and 4th spot were all occupied too so stuck with my number 1. I was 1st in but doesn’t matter on public. Someone is on each side of trail I’m hunting but there are several bucks I’ve seen working the area so we should all have good chance at some good deer. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Alright—get some sleep because the next 3 days are going to test you like nothing else.

Please be safe and good luck everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X