Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    Yessir. Plan is to give it hell no matter the conditions. Hopefully other hunters decide to keep their panties dry

Hahahaha, attaboy... Good luck tomorrow guys, hope you guys keep the blood shed.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
      Congratulations ATeam, nice start.

You guys planning on hunting tomorrow? Weather is suppose to turn for the worst according to the news

Rain or shine. Thunder or lightning. This Indian is goin hunting.

Zins did it! First archery hunt at Laguna and he put in the work and made it happen! Bravo!

We’ll access it in the morning, see how bad it’ll get. I’m running with Dad, got him in my spots. I’m falling back and hunting new turf. May hunt with him tomorrow morning depending on weather.

We’ve truly had an epic day, besides my bad shooting which I’m not mad about. I knew the shots I took were low odd shots. I’ll check now for accuracy, and just slow down my need to shoot. I’m loving it, it’s been enjoyable!

Laguna is my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
        Rain or shine. Thunder or lightning. This Indian is goin hunting.

Zins did it! First archery hunt at Laguna and he put in the work and made it happen! Bravo!

We’ll access it in the morning, see how bad it’ll get. I’m running with Dad, got him in my spots. I’m falling back and hunting new turf. May hunt with him tomorrow morning depending on weather.

We’ve truly had an epic day, besides my bad shooting which I’m not mad about. I knew the shots I took were low odd shots. I’ll check now for accuracy, and just slow down my need to shoot. I’m loving it, it’s been enjoyable!

Laguna is my favorite.

That's the attitude to have, give it your all and have fun, if it happens it's just the cherry on top and if not its still a memory you will always have with your dad and friends.

And I know you will be out there giving it 110% man, you didn't get the title of Mr Public by staying home and letting opportunities go to waste.

Good luck ATeam and stay safe out there.
        Last edited by RiverRat00; 12-16-2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
          That's the attitude to have, give it your all and have fun, if it happens it's just the cherry on top and if not its still a memory you will always have with your dad and friends.

And I know you will be out there giving it 110% man, you didn't get the title of Mr Public by staying home and letting opportunities go to waste.

Good luck ATeam and stay safe out there.

Amen! I live for this, born and raised by the man that taught me it all at an early age. It’s his fault that I’m this way. I’m grateful and thankful for him and just want him to get his opportunity to be successful here. He’s in the right spot, it’s a hard journey for him each time but Dad is doing it. It’s wearing him out, I know it. It’s going to pay off. I’d share more videos, pics and intel/sightings but have learned less is more on the inter webs. We will let the chalkboard do the talking.

Comment

Good going Zins. Looking forward to some dead antelope tomorrow guys!

Comment

This Indian changed his mind and is staying in bed[emoji28]

Comment

Well call me crazy but you can’t schmoke a big buck or big blue bull in the bed! Here’s go nothing

Comment

And the hits keep coming. Walk 1.5 miles to my spot and a guy that left while I was getting ready is sitting at the opening of where I’m set up. Only one guy started walking, we were the second truck in. Son of the guy that walked thru my set yesterday morning. Lol. He’s about 150 yds away so we can share. Told him I had a blind and had walked too dam far to go somewhere else, stay there if he wanted but I was sitting in the blind. Give him credit for effort, pretty brutal to be sitting in the open today. All day sit, sure would be nice for the wind to die some this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                    A Team on the board! Little 8 that came right in on me. Was looking up at me in the tripod and put one under his chin. Easy drag out!

Congrats zins!

Comment

And here I was hoping to see pics of someone’s best Bowhunting Mary Poppins impression [emoji3].

Comment

I can’t take it anymore. I’m finishing up some business things and bombing in. Maybe the wind will help my shooting[emoji1787]

Comment

Looks like good hunting weather for second half of the day. Nilgai should start moving after 10 am. Waiting for pictures

Comment

Yesterday was extremely quiet, no doubt to all of the foot and bike traffic on Thursday. So, the impatient ones, or maybe late arrivers, decided to move around yesterday afternoon, scaring off anything that might have considered moving around again. COME ON GUYS, stop moving around during the day. I also saw the craziest set ups yesterday -- one guy put his pop-up right in the middle of the mowed path, and another set up his 12-foot tripod stand right along the work road where every hunter has to pass at least twice a day, the seat being visible for maybe a quarter mile in any direction. FLASH BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN: nilgai have excellent eyesight and avoid anything unusual. Seriously, I hope the nonsense stops soon or this is going to be a long hunt. Heading out in a bit -- the latest radar shows showers getting harder and then ending around noon-ish, though I don't think the wind is going to settle much this afternoon.

Comment

And does anyone else think the mosquitoes yesterday afternoon were bad? By far the worst I've experienced here, this is my fifth hunt in LANWR. A couple of weeks ago someone said the conditions were dry -- well, it must have rained a whole lot since then, because there is standing water everywhere, and every drainage ditch is brimming. The water holes aren't likely concentrating the animals because there is standing water everywhere I go except up on the dunes in Unit 5 -- where the bugs were just as fierce on scouting day.

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
                                Yesterday was extremely quiet, no doubt to all of the foot and bike traffic on Thursday. So, the impatient ones, or maybe late arrivers, decided to move around yesterday afternoon, scaring off anything that might have considered moving around again. COME ON GUYS, stop moving around during the day. I also saw the craziest set ups yesterday -- one guy put his pop-up right in the middle of the mowed path, and another set up his 12-foot tripod stand right along the work road where every hunter has to pass at least twice a day, the seat being visible for maybe a quarter mile in any direction. FLASH BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN: nilgai have excellent eyesight and avoid anything unusual. Seriously, I hope the nonsense stops soon or this is going to be a long hunt. Heading out in a bit -- the latest radar shows showers getting harder and then ending around noon-ish, though I don't think the wind is going to settle much this afternoon.

That’s part of hunting Laguna. Just got to dismiss and work around it. Not every one has the same skill set and are experienced and tenured hunters.

We haven’t had an issue with anyone. We walk right by a guy set up on a 10ft tripod at an intersection each time. He is 100% exposed in the sky. But I can tell he is enjoying his time and sight seeing. He was literally sipping a cup of coffee and reading a book. Super nice, we communicate about our timing. Heck We came out and he was watch a bull staring right at us. I noticed him glassing, looked at the direction he was glassing and signaled to him. He waved us on by as the bull watched.

Comment

Working...
                                X