Benbrook 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    My hunt starts November 15 and I have yet to even go out there lol. I don’t know if I’ll even hunt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't bother, there are trucks parked at the 377 entrance every day.

Comment

Rut is starting up. Had a hot spot for a week or more, then all of the sudden. Nothing. I want some meat in the freezer, so not being too picky. But I hope by the time I can go, they aren't locked down too hard, may have to change up strategies if so. Just makes it difficult since we only get 2 weeks, and I don't have enough PTO to take the whole 2 weeks off... lol

Comment

I've been seeing vehicles parked on the hill entrance by the stables every day for the past several weeks while on my way home from work.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-10-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Are there many pigs out at Benbrook?

Comment

We are fortunate enough to live 5 minutes from the RR entrances. I am retired and my nephew works from home remotely so we can be there nearly every day during our times. Now it is time to turn our attention to the ribeye of the sky on our annual trip to the panhandle.

Comment

There is sign, from time to time. Not much at all. I've only seen them once. And this is the first public land I ever hunted (back in the early 1980s). I hunted it a ton up to the early 2000s. Then it got hard to get drawn after that. Permits used to be first come, first served, before the lottery.

I noticed another dead deer hit on 1187 across from the turn-in to the stables today. Wasn't there on my way home yesterday. Always happens about this time of year till Jan in that area. I almost hit one last year. But hardly ever see them hit any other time of year between the toll road and 377.

Comment

You’d be hard pressed to find any pigs out there. Maybe they have passed through from time to time over the years, but I’d venture to say they’re not presently there. I’ve spent quite a bit of time covering the hunting and non-hunting areas the past several years and beyond, and have never seen pig sign near Benbrook Lake.

Comment

Hope this cold snap gets the deer on their feet for you guys.

Comment

I drove through N. Holiday Park on the 14th just before dark. Saw three nice mature bucks chasing. We only counted 43 deer that evening. The most we have counted this year was 73 one evening. Way overpopulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      I drove through N. Holiday Park on the 14th just before dark. Saw three nice mature bucks chasing. We only counted 43 deer that evening. The most we have counted this year was 73 one evening. Way overpopulated.

Maybe you could talk the Benbrook city manager and ACE into letting us shoot a few?

When driving south through N Holiday Park, there's a white line that crosses the road right after a sharp bend in the road, just north of the swim beach area with No boating bouys. That is the City limits of Benbrook. City is responsible for law enforcement up to that point. South of there, it's up to the Tarrant County Sheriff's office till you cross Bear Creek. Then it's Ft. Worth PD City limits to 1187, where once again Tarrant Cnty is responsible. Eastward, and the east side is up to Ft. Worth PD Except in Rocky Creek and Mustang Creek Parks where Tarrant patrols in the parks.

Comment

Smaller deer than past years and no pigs? I’ll take my free permit and stay home lol

Comment

benbrook

I shot a spike. Got some meat in the freezer. Chasing some other ones. Have had shots on others, just passed for now. I will say, the people running there dogs out there on the weekends, is a big pain in the butt. Probably whats has messed me up the last couple evenings. They started yelling for the dogs, and spooked deer coming in to me, during the process.

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
                            I shot a spike. Got some meat in the freezer. Chasing some other ones. Have had shots on others, just passed for now. I will say, the people running there dogs out there on the weekends, is a big pain in the butt. Probably whats has messed me up the last couple evenings. They started yelling for the dogs, and spooked deer coming in to me, during the process.
                            congrats on the spike! those who run dogs out there during hunts sure mess up the area. been through that before with them.

are you on the 377 side? i'm gearing up for my Dec 1-15 hunt and have seen very little movement during the day on cam.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics from a no hunting area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SYFW0330.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	24699780

Click image for larger version

Name:	SYFW0665.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	24699781
                              Last edited by Froggy; 11-21-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Benbrook 2022-23

Buddy got this on camera, Granbury road side. What a nice guy!

Y’all be careful out there!
                                Last edited by Kirby86; 11-21-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X