Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
    I got anterless at Gus Engeling and my son got a couple of hunts at the chap, anterless and javealina. But none for my daughter. This go with 3 archery related I got before. So far so good!
    I will be at the Gus on the Stand by list. My current Deer Lease is about 5 miles away. I Drew a permit Last year and saw a really nice Buck, saw two hogs, 6 Wild Turkey, a Bobcat and I tagged an Old Doe. My Buddy got one of the Hogs.

Comment

0 for 17 today

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        We seriously have the worst draw system.

I’ve been trying for 7 years and never got anything.

But I also know people who draw something every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        True this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          My drawing status thus far…

Same!

Although I liked the analogy I think TPWD Draw day is less like Christmas with no presents and more like Linus waiting on The Great Pumpkin.

Comment

No email from TPWD. Just checked status on website expecting another big fat zero. It says I won Matador GDE Nov. 14 with 13 points. I'm 69, and have never won a gun hunt of any kind.

Anyone else drawn for Matador? Do I need a 4X4 vehicle?

Should I take my Millenium tripod?

Any info appreciated.
            Last edited by BarBBar; 09-16-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
              Well I just drew Kerr GDE with 19 points. Is that a good one? Never been there.

I also have the Chap Archery 12/6-12/9...never been there either. Richland and Laguna as well later in Dec.

Will be a busy hunting season I suppose!
              Love Kerr. Son and I Limited out there last time, including a nice Axis buck. Great Place!

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                56?
                I’ll be 105 next week

Comment

Texas Youth Hunt was good to my Grandson. He’s going to hunt the King Ranch. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Well I am now pending second draw on everything that was still outstanding. We really do have the worst draw system.
                    Agreed, 7 years and never drawn a single thing, and I put in for a ton.....

Comment

Some of the folks on here AMAZE me. So much talk about how horrible our draw system is and then when a lot of folks do get drawn, they start asking questions about the place they got drawn at (ie: Is this place any good?, etc.). I see so many questions about when is "so and so" category drawn. How did you even apply? Did someone else do it for you? Look at the system, do your homework. The most desirable places get "tons" of interest & applications. As the drawings are very limited, you can expect to wait a while "normally" before you got a chance. But the good thing about this system, as compared to other states is that it does not go strictly off of points. I have been in the system for years in Arizona, trying to draw a quality Elk tag. I know these things don't come easy, therefore, I'm going to have to wait. Here in Texas, at least our draw system is very similar to a raffle, in that your name goes in the hopper just like everyone else. Depending on your # of preference points, you get more "raffle tickets" in the pot. But at least you still have a chance, even with a low number of points. I guess I just don't understand people that play the system, without knowing how it works, and then want to complain about it. Grow up or go pay for a deer lease! Pardon (tic), just had to get that off my chest.
                      Last edited by moondog; 09-16-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Drew antlerless/ spike at enchanted rock. Anyone have any good, bad, ugly they wish to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

0 for 18 so far this yr. 13 more draws to go.
                          Still didn't draw Chaparral with 54,872 points. Plus the 9-10 years I put in before tpw started counting points. Pending second draw but we all know that means better luck next year. F j b

Comment

Got drawn for the Fairfield spike/doe hunt on January 2nd. Third time drawing this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                              Got drawn for the Fairfield spike/doe hunt on January 2nd. Third time drawing this one.
                              How did you do on your previous hunts there?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                                Wow! Congrats. I struck out with the same points. Going to be a fun hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Thank you. I’m excited. Was a long shot for sure. Already text my boss a screenshot and explained the number next to it that it took 11 years and that I will not be there those days.

Comment

Working...
                                X