No announcement yet.

Bahia Grande 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For this that have hunted here…was a bike necessary like at Atascosa? Or possibly even a Kayak to get across the marsh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
      For this that have hunted here…was a bike necessary like at Atascosa? Or possibly even a Kayak to get across the marsh?

From what I read kayaks are not allowed. I am hunting it in February so interested iin opinions on if a bike is helpful.

Comment

This is from the hunt info

• Use of, or hunting from, any type of watercraft or floating device

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
          From what I read kayaks are not allowed. I am hunting it in February so interested iin opinions on if a bike is helpful.

Bike won’t help much. Especially if it’s been raining

Comment

If you had a bike, use as fat of tires as possible. I would ride in from the North side but didnt have a fat tire bike. I had foam armor in my tires and still got flats. I think with the right kind of tires, it could be worth it. From my motocross days, riding in the mud sucks no matter what. I'm not sure, but if I could get a trike in there, that would be the way to go. i had a 2 wheel quiet cat trailer and it kept flipping on me. I guess the single wheel style trailer would be better. I would have rather had plastic wheels on my trailer than the thin rubber that came with it. I couldnt keep air in them.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
              This is from the hunt info

• Use of, or hunting from, any type of watercraft or floating device

Hunting from a kayak and using a kayak to access huntable/open land is two different things I would think.

Comment

Well does anyone plan on scouting for birds prior to th hunt?

Comment

Working...
                X