Bahia Grande 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
    Been too busy chasing Nilgai. A cow was killed yesterday. I connected with a cow Friday but couldn’t find her. I know there’s been at least one bull killed, not sure what else. Rain started last night and isn’t showing signs of stopping today.
    Busy chasing is a good thing.

Comment

Opportunities coming from spot/stalk or ambush from a blind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My advice would be to find a game trail and just sit. I put the stalk on three bulls and was busted at 200 yards every time. Last day I finally just sat for 7 hours on a trail and missed a big bull. It’s a challenging hunt but a lot of fun also.

Comment

Did yall see more on the north or south side?

Comment

I shot a bull and watched it walk out of my life. I hit him square in the chest. Only shot I had. He ran about 500 yds then turned around and looked at me. Then he proceeded to walk over a mile away. Never limped and no blood. But I heard the whack at 18 yds. I did chase a calf for 2 days that someone shot in the face. What a shame to shoot at s calf when there are plenty of cows and bulls there. I know who you are. Poor thing still had the arrow hanging out under its eye. Hopefully someone this weekend will get it. If you need to know where it is I’ll tell you. Just msg me

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
              I shot a bull and watched it walk out of my life. I hit him square in the chest. Only shot I had. He ran about 500 yds then turned around and looked at me. Then he proceeded to walk over a mile away. Never limped and no blood. But I heard the whack at 18 yds. I did chase a calf for 2 days that someone shot in the face. What a shame to shoot at s calf when there are plenty of cows and bulls there. I know who you are. Poor thing still had the arrow hanging out under its eye. Hopefully someone this weekend will get it. If you need to know where it is I’ll tell you. Just msg me

"You know who you are" is he/she on TBH?

Poor thing

Comment

Calf needs to be put down bad in that scenario. I personally don’t ethically have a problem shooting a calf but if you’re not man enough to do it the right way then don’t take the shot.

Fwiw, I’m hunting with 200 grain day six XL broadheads on a Ravin R29x crossbow. I want as humane a kill as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                  Did yall see more on the north or south side?
                  I came in on 100 around 5pm and stopped and glassed as far as I could see in several different places and never saw one.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                    I shot the calf and have no problem with that although I thought it was a cow, it was my first day and I didn't have anything to compare it to size wise. I did not mean to shoot it in the face, right when I released it turned and I could tell it was a neck or head shot. I followed what little blood was there and went back the next morning to look for it also but never saw it again. If you knew it was me and knew where it was then i wish you would have told me so i could have went after it. Did you go after the bull you shot?

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                    Calf needs to be put down bad in that scenario. I personally don’t ethically have a problem shooting a calf but if you’re not man enough to do it the right way then don’t take the shot.

Fwiw, I’m hunting with 200 grain day six XL broadheads on a Ravin R29x crossbow. I want as humane a kill as possible.
                    I have no problem shooting a calf either, I was there for meat and shots aren't easy to come by.
                    Last edited by Rodray12; 02-10-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

A few people sent me a PM however I'm not able to reply since my post count isnt more than 15.

I saw the most action on the Northside of the refuge. Again, in my opinion spot is stalk is near impossible because they're so skittish and have great eyesight.

Comment

General consensus for people to hunt Nilgai are that calves don't get a pass just because they're calves. Meat is meat...

Comment

Do y’all know how many were killed total on the first hunt? It looks like 1 bull, 1 cow. Which isn’t terrible for 15 or so people on an archery hunt. I forgot to ask the wardens when I saw them today.

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                            Do y’all know how many were killed total on the first hunt? It looks like 1 bull, 1 cow. Which isn’t terrible for 15 or so people on an archery hunt. I forgot to ask the wardens when I saw them today.
                            That’s all I heard of that were recovered.

Comment

Anybody know the reasoning we can’t hunt the islands? I saw like 10-12 of them there this morning…

Comment

Anyone figure out the orientation deal

Comment

Working...
                                X