No announcement yet.

Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crappie have been hiding from me the last two days. Of the people I talk with nobody else has done well lately either. Gonna give it a go one more time this morning. Hope y’all have been doing good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
      The crappie have been hiding from me the last two days. Of the people I talk with nobody else has done well lately either. Gonna give it a go one more time this morning. Hope y’all have been doing good.

Have you looked in 1-5 foot of water? I just read a guide report on Palasteine of 1 foot of water.

Comment

Clear plastic bobber for casting two flea-flys about a foot apart. The clear bobber won't cause shadow spooking. And tells you when you got a bite, if you cast to them.

Comment

Tried everything from 0-30 ft. Even one of the guides I ran into was having a tough go of it. Sand bass and striper should have been catchable. I found them regularly on the graph. Finally caught a big female crappie on the last spot I checked before I had to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And, for those who want an interactive lake depth map...

Lake Whitney nautical chart on depth map. Coordinates: 31.9783, -97.3849. Free marine navigation, important information about the hydrography of Lake Whitney

Scroll down. Then zoom in to see the depth contour lines.

Comment

With this nice weather over the weekend, did anybody fish? I've still got some time before I can get in the boat again. Sure looking forward to it.

Comment

Didn't at W/A, wife and myself fished some while camping at Joe Pool, nothing. Water is too cold and I'm a poor fisherman.

I do plan on going to Whitney tomorrow, do some looking around. Heard a rumor that I need to look into!

Comment

I didn't fish over the weekend. It was nice and warm, but a little too windy for me to get the boat out. Hoping for some rain to get the Nolan flowing to kick off the white bass run.

Comment

Rumor checks, also found three stands and two feeders in @30 minutes, cold running up and down lake.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      Rumor checks, also found three stands and two feeders in @30 minutes, cold running up and down lake.

That don't surprise me none. Did you fill that feeder up? Looks to be empty.

Edit: Hope you're doing well, D. And you and S are enjoying life more so now.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-08-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

That burn will do it good.

Comment

Looks like Grandbury is releasing the perfect amount of water this morning at 460cfs. Should make for a great afternoon and evening tomorrow, for those who will use it.

Comment

Well, they didn't release all day yesterday. Just enough to flush the river a bit. Hope they keep it up! Cause I hope to go fishing next weekend, weather/wind, and another obstical permitting.

Comment

Yep its just about sandy and crappie time.

Comment

Temp forecast looks beautiful this coming week, dang it! Off all week and can't go!

Comment

Working...
                                X