Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Colton is headed back. Family obligations. He took his deer off the Christmas tree after the evening hunt last night to the cooler.

Good deal. Family first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I had to get back today. I was able to get a few hours of hunting in this morning. Man the Nilgai sign was abundant in that area, just never saw one.

My first trip here was an absolute blast! Don’t think my buddy will be applying again lol. Can’t wait to get back out and hopefully seal the deal on a Nilgai. Congrats to all the guys who had and are having luck this trip!

Comment

Awesome hunts guys. Good to see

TxDad Outdoors-YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Clay89 View Post
          Gonna see if these pics work
          My buddy’s nilgai bull 1st day

He had little accident skinning [emoji2357]

That is a tank! Amazing color too!

I’d love to hear more details about the injury. I bet that’s one of the most frequent injuries in big game hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here is the board when I left, but it’s behind as my buck from yesterday isn’t on it. If someone is able to get a pic before leaving tonight that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post

Here is the board when I left, but it’s behind as my buck from yesterday isn’t on it. If someone is able to get a pic before leaving tonight that would be awesome.

[emoji15] 650 lbs! Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                Just stuck a big cow!!!
                Still waiting...pics or it didn't happen!!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post

you can have Emma send you a pic of the board once its updated all you have to do is send her a text too

Comment

Kirby,

Snap a picture of the board on your way out. You may be one of the last.

Comment

Laguna Atascosa may have won this round but I’ll be back for round 2 with a different outcome hopefully. First draw hunt I’ve ever been on and really enjoyed it. Meet some great folks and learned a lot from them and the hunt.

Comment

Heading down tomorrow to get ready for the final gun hunt. Forecast is upper 40’s for lows Thursday and Friday, 40 Sunday morning. Do the Nilgia move when it’s cooler or wait til it warms up?

Comment

I wanna say they like the warmer weather. But, with 3 days to hunt...pack a lunch/water and hunt all day. Just gotta find the right spot.

It probably looks a little different now than it did back in early November. Lots of water then.

Comment

Oh yes, I’m hunting all day every day! I didn’t get drawn for any of the bow hunts. Maybe next year. So now I’m really begging…. or researching, …. I have never been there, can only hunt units 2,3,5,8. No bike, 63 years earth experience, good legs on flat ground, ….. suggestions on where to concentrate my time? Appreciate any help.

Comment

3 miles worth of tracking back and forth trying to find her and no dice.

Idk what I could’ve done differently. I spooked idk how many other nilgai trying to find this cow, but I’m gonna be agitated by this for a very long time.

I’ll be back though, hopefully. I didn’t get to read this til I got back to our cabin or I would’ve snapped a picture.

Comment

With no bike I’d probably just go to 8, maybe 5. Any of the units have Nilgai and good bucks so there is no wrong choice, but I’d just want to limit the time you’ll have to spend trying to get to your hunt area. There only like 25-35 gun hunters so the pressure will be a lot lighter

Comment

Working...
                                X