all pending 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by txbonecollector View Post
      all pending 2nd
      So when is the 2nd draw?

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
        So when is the 2nd draw?
        pretty sure it is tomorrow. Today is the deadline to pay for the winners of the first draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
          pretty sure it is tomorrow. Today is the deadline to pay for the winners of the first draw.
          Ok makes sense.

Then i guess the others will be later in October.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
            Ok makes sense.

Then i guess the others will be later in October.
            I believe the next draw is September 1. Think that’s for some of the E-Postcard hunts.

Comment

looks like 2nd draw has already been done this morning. lots of "not selected" on my end.

Comment

Last year I put my two sons on different applications but for some of the same locations to give us a better shot that one of them would draw a hunt and to give me a full weekend with just one of them and not together and I had myself as the adult on both of their applications.

I went to put them the same way this year and it kicked back the second one as I had already "applied" for that hunt as the adult.

Does anyone know if this was a change TPWD made? I looked back at last years applications to confirm I didn't dream that it let me do it last year.
                Last edited by Rounder; 08-30-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

It shouldn't have let you do that last year, only can do that on the youth hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    It shouldn't have let you do that last year, only can do that on the youth hunts.
                    It was for a youth hunt draw this year when it kicked it back.

Comment

Does it say "youth only" on the category name? Maybe call Austin 1 800 792 1112, I looked at mine and I'm on multiple youth apps same location with separate kids this year.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 08-30-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                        Last year I put my two sons on different applications but for some of the same locations to give us a better shot that one of them would draw a hunt and to give me a full weekend with just one of them and not together and I had myself as the adult on both of their applications.

I went to put them the same way this year and it kicked back the second one as I had already "applied" for that hunt as the adult.

Does anyone know if this was a change TPWD made? I looked back at last years applications to confirm I didn't dream that it let me do it last year.
                        I tried to do that with my boys several years ago and it error'd stating I'd already applied so I put my wife on the 2nd app. Not sure how it worked for you last year though, it shouldn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Does it say "youth only" on the category name? Maybe call Austin 1 800 792 1112, I looked at mine and I'm on multiple youth apps same location with separate kids this year.
                          It is a youth only hunt for the Either Sex with a deadline of 9/1. I will call the number you posted to see what they say.

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          I tried to do that with my boys several years ago and it error'd stating I'd already applied so I put my wife on the 2nd app. Not sure how it worked for you last year though, it shouldn't have.
                          If I put my wife on the application and that is drawn does she have to take him or could I still take him?

Comment

If I put my wife on the application and that is drawn does she have to take him or could I still take him?
                            That I don't know, mine would have just taken ours. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd let you depending on the area but couldn't say.

Comment

It depends on the parks or WMA's rules, there doesn't seem to be consensus, they let an adult substitute for us at Las Palomas before, that place was very easy going atmosphere, but also drew a place I won't name and they would not allow a substitute adult, no matter what Also realize these rules can change year to year depending who is employed there and running the particular hunt
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 08-30-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know when the gun deer hunts are drawn? Spring Turkey?

Comment

Working...
                                X