TPWD Draw Hunts Catalog is up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    Good luck! Im really hoping I dont draw alligator. Its the next day after my elk hunt. Might be looking for a job and wife if I have to make that hunt too
    It would be a pretty awesome couple of weeks of hunting though.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      Did my yearly donation.
      Same lol! $300+

Comment

Pending second draw on my sons alligator application.

Comment

Pending 2nd draw for alligator and private land dove, which pretty much means i struck out.

On a side note when do hunting license go on sale?

Comment

August 15

Comment

Pending second for alligator. Starting to wonder how many points that will take.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Pending second for alligator. Starting to wonder how many points that will take.

I drew it the first two times I put in for it with zero points, and now I think I have 6 and can’t draw it again.

Comment

New to the Drawn hunts. I applied for the first time this year for 2 archery and 2 gun near me. Is there even a chance I can get drawn since I do not have LPs built up?

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
                    New to the Drawn hunts. I applied for the first time this year for 2 archery and 2 gun near me. Is there even a chance I can get drawn since I do not have LPs built up?
                    Depends on which property/dates you applied for. If you state which ones specifically I think you'll get a less vague answer.

Comment

With the points now cubed, I would think the first few years of applying will be difficult, depending on where you put in. Before it really didnt matter much how many points you had. On my Palo Duro exotic hunt, the two guys I was paired with drew with zero points.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                        With the points now cubed, I would think the first few years of applying will be difficult, depending on where you put in. Before it really didnt matter much how many points you had. On my Palo Duro exotic hunt, the two guys I was paired with drew with zero points.
                        Did y'all apply as a group, or did you get paired with two people that applied on their own? Also, what was your point count when you drew

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                          Did y'all apply as a group, or did you get paired with two people that applied on their own? Also, what was your point count when you drew
                          They paired us after drawing. It was 4 people to a unit, so my brother and I drew with 3 points and were then paired with another 2 person group that drew their first year applying.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                            Depends on which property/dates you applied for. If you state which ones specifically I think you'll get a less vague answer.
                            I put in for Government canyon and Enchanted Rock (closest to me) for archery and gun.

Comment

It has never hurt me very much. Been selected for several with minimal to no points. Can't win if you don't apply though.

Comment

Every year there's lots of us with tons of points sitting on the sideline reading threads from first-timers who've drawn multiple hunts. I'd say don't get your hopes up but I also think there's some internal weighted advantage for first time applicants. Government Canyon gets a ton of apps I know, so that's probably a long shot no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X