Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    I'm out on the hunt this week as well.

Like said above, passed several doe and had a narrow 5 and a questionable 6 in my lane. The 6 hung around for 45 minutes but after the orientation from the biologists and reading about a game warden being called at the chap last week I didn't think he was worth it. Looks to be 12 or just over, forked on his left and 4 on his right. No brows.

Killed 3 pigs at dark, a decent sized sow that was really drawn down to skin and bones.

Also called in a young cat.

Had a couple large doe at 200-300 yards, will pick one out in the morning for the skinning pole.

[ATTACH]1030440[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1030441[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1030442[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1030443[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Wow, envy you. I would love to call in a bobcat. Just has to be such a rare rush to see one...much less call one in. But zero desire to blast one, though. Those bucks DEFINITELY don't look legal.....not beyond the eartips, to me....
    Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-01-2020, 09:28 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Yeah its fun to call but off limits on this hunt. Or any public state hunt I've been on regarding cats. Yotes and hogs are free game.

Per the management rules the deer has to 12 inches or more, he's right at that but not worth chancing.

The woods are starting to come to life or settle down....not sure which is preferred based on the time to stand thread from the other day.[emoji6]

Comment

Best of luck to all you lucky draw hunters.

Rwc

Comment

As of 10:00 this morning there were 14 deer between the Daugherty North Shore and the South Shore hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by lavacahunter View Post
            As of 10:00 this morning there were 14 deer between the Daugherty North Shore and the South Shore hunts.

Any word on the Calliham Unit? Have a hunt there last weekend of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep passing does in hopes of a good management deer. Dad had a fleeting opportunity and couldn't set up fast enough on a big 6.

I counted 22 deer at 0750 this morning spread out over 800 yards on 2 senderos.

I shot 3 pigs late last night.

I have had one of the best hunts this morning ever to not shoot. Saw a big 10 near 150 try to pick a fight with a monster old double main beamed bruiser. This guy knocked him over like a play thing.

My pants were tight for some time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201202-134912_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	24638447

Last edited by Slick8; 12-02-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

North Shore Compartments

Does anyone have input on these compartments?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hog number 4.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201202_190743.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24638471

Comment

That’s a good sized porker!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Hog number 4.[ATTACH]1030561[/ATTACH]

Which compartment are you in?
                      We are in 4. Brother killed a doe this morning and nephew shot one this evening. I haven’t even seen the first buck. Didn’t see a single deer this morning so I moved back where I hunted yesterday evening. Had a doe come in at 25 yards and took a neck shot. Swing and a miss!!
                      Try it again in the morning.

Comment

I'm in 5 and have been covered up in deer, 18-22 different deer per sit. Ive seen 14 different racked bucks, 5 of which would be legal on the trophy hunt and 2 deer that were very marginal for management deer.

Dad is hunting near you guys on the first blind when you enter 5. He had a brief opportunity at a really big 6 this morning but couldn't get a shot off with other deer around him before he left town.

Holding out hope for the morning for a management buck.

Best of luck to you guys in the morning.

Had a case of tight pants watching this guy for 45 minutes this morning.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201202-134007_Gallery.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	24638479Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201202-134044_Gallery.jpg
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	24638480Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201202-133926_Gallery.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	24638481Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201202-133903_Gallery.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24638482

Last edited by Slick8; 12-02-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          That’s a good sized porker!

Sierracharlie out....
                          Thanks, he came out at 5:55 and it was 6:02 and getting dark when I shot. Threaded the bullet between a few deer and shot him quartering too me at 325. Took a while for the deer to get out of the way and nearly lost shooting light.

Comment

I'm in 5 and have been covered up in deer, 18-22 different deer per sit. Ive seen 14 different racked bucks, 5 of which would be legal on the trophy hunt and 2 deer that were very marginal for management deer.

Dad is hunting near you guys on the first blind when you enter 5. He had a brief opportunity at a really big 6 this morning but couldn't get a shot off with other deer around him before he left town.

Holding out hope for the morning for a management buck.

Best of luck to you guys in the morning.

Had a case of tight pants watching this guy for 45 minutes this morning.[ATTACH]1030578[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1030579[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1030580[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1030581[/ATTACH]

that is a STUD....looks like a little muley in him....hope you can connect.

Comment

This is management hunt. I had to sit and watch tbis dude at 300 yards posing broadside for 45 minutes. It was a lot to ask of a man...

Comment

This is management hunt. I had to sit and watch tbis dude at 300 yards posing broadside for 45 minutes. It was a lot to ask of a man...

I can only imagine, that's a stud sir.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X