Balcones Canyonlands NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
    Well, we went all weekend without seeing any deer or hogs. Sat up on 2 areas with intersecting trails and lots of fresh sign, but deer did a great job of social distancing. Despite, not seeing anything, I still had a good time and will put in for hunt again. Roads are a little rough in some areas of Unit 1-3, especially where my assigned parking was in 1-3G, but most of the unit had great primary roads.

Second area I set up the popup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's where I will be this weekend. I live a few miles from there and haven't seen much deer movement at all lately. I may take a turkey call with me I see those around there quite a bit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure hope something gives before this weekend! Or I'm hoping unit 2 has been great and just nobody is posting about it. Lol. Yeah right!

Comment

Unit 2

My brother in law went to Unit 2. Didn't see a thing...there were signs but nada.

Comment

Could see your truck over in unit 2 on my way home just now good luck.

Comment

I'm in unit 2 off of 1174. That's 1-2A.

It's the northern entrance to 2. I've been sitting since about 1:30. Nothing so far.

Jibby? You know which blind he was in?

Comment

Thr big black one off 1174. Your about 1 mile from my house. Apparently they are having a burn today. Smells like it

Comment

Didn't see anything tonight!

Comment

im in 14, didn't see anything this evening either. its one of the units you have to hunt from the designated blind, so there isn't much I can do other then wait

Comment

Same here! Hopefully the weather change gets something moving...

I'm staying out all day today.

Comment

Good luck guys

Comment

Still nothing so far. I heard something busting through the brush a ways behind me but nothing came of it.

Comment

Set up in 1-3. Only thing I've seen so far is other people walking around

Comment

Sat in the blind all day and didn't see a thing other then birds

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
                              Sat in the blind all day and didn't see a thing other then birds
                              Same here. Should've brought the big camera so I at least could've "shot" some birds!

Weather looks like it'll be nasty tomorrow! Y'all gonna tough it out for the last day?

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                                As far as hunting, zero action...zero anything. Didn't hear one gun shot or even any sign of life. I'm thinking this was a lessons learned and a waste of preference points.
                                This is how I'm feeling as well after sitting all day today and half the day yesterday. Didn't see anything! I have little faith that tomorrow, the last day will be any different.
                                Last edited by Yakinthebox; 12-12-2020, 08:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                                X