Drawn for Aransas NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 mid day update:

1: This place as as thick and nasty as everything I read.

2: The cool weather has kept the mosquitoes to a minimum.

3: Saw a doe and yearling (or possibly two yearlings) this morning. Heard hogs, but never did see them.

4: I have heard 4 gunshots today. Will look at the board when I leave tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
      Day 1 mid day update:

1: This place as as thick and nasty as everything I read.

2: The cool weather has kept the mosquitoes to a minimum.

3: Saw a doe and yearling (or possibly two yearlings) this morning. Heard hogs, but never did see them.

4: I have heard 4 gunshots today. Will look at the board when I leave tonight.

I’m here on the refuge now. Heard 3 this morning and 3 back to back real close earlier. This place is definitely rough and idk what I’m doing lol. At least I brought a tripod. Haven’t seen anything all day though.

Comment

Originally posted by brettkelley61 View Post
        I’m here on the refuge now. Heard 3 this morning and 3 back to back real close earlier. This place is definitely rough and idk what I’m doing lol. At least I brought a tripod. Haven’t seen anything all day though.

I’m on the southwest side. All of the shots I heard were to the west of me.

Comment

I’m to the southeast. Same all were west of me.

Comment

I’m on the northwest side. Haven’t seen a deer yet. But did see two bobcats this morning. That was pretty neat.

Comment

It’s been dead here since before 10. I saw more stuff scouting yesterday than I have today.

Comment

Guy at the gate said a guy brought in 2 bucks this morning

Comment

Saw a guy this afternoon headed out with an 8 in the front basket of his truck

Comment

I would’ve been happy to see deer... lol

Comment

I just reset my stand. Realized how tall some of the grass I was looking at really is.

Comment

ST Ag, I got blanked. How was the other side?

Comment

Ended up calling in a nice buck using a doe bleat. Unfortunately, he was about a 110 yards down wind of me. By the time I got turned, he caught my scent or saw me and took off. Also saw a javelina.

Going to see what the weather is doing in the AM, but I will be out tomorrow afternoon for sure.

Comment

Wife reminded me last night that we have some church stuff today. Will make it out for the afternoon hunt.

Comment

Hopefully it doesn’t rain all day for you. Bet it’s sloppy out there now.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                                Hopefully it doesn’t rain all day for you. Bet it’s sloppy out there now.

It was pretty dry yesterday, at least where I was. Holes in the road and hog wallows really didn’t have any water in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X