Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Did you see the turkey at the first gate ? That is where we saw them. Was that you i saw as I was leaving bout 2:45. I was in a red tundra. Well be at gate 1 in the morning
    Yeah that was me in the silver f150. I’ll be going into gate 1 as well in the morning.

Comment

I heard a lot of shots today. I think Jakefmomtx shot...not sure.

Saw alittle of everything.?.but far away.

Comment

Only a month till I get down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I got it done this evening! I shot a nice nilgai cow at sunset. Kicked my butt packing her out but it just made me love LAWR even more! Can’t wait to try nilgai for the first time.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jakefromtx; 01-15-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

That’s awesome. How far you have to pack it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A little over a mile. I shot her at about 100 yards. She ran maybe 30 yards and crashed. I found a drop of blood and that was it. Those suckers have tough skin. Make sure you have a sharp knife.
              Last edited by jakefromtx; 01-15-2021, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
                I got it done this evening! I shot a nice nilgai cow at sunset. Kicked my butt packing her out but it just made me love LAWR even more! Can’t wait to try nilgai for the first time.
                That's awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats bro, she be good eatin for sure. She’s got a pretty hide on her too, Make a good rug

Comment

Congrats, looks like a mature cow. I tanned the hide from the cow I killed and it came out nicely.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s one tasty-looking animal. Congratulations!

Comment

Way to go, man. That's awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys! It was a workout bringing her out solo. Hopefully I can talk a friend or 2 into applying with me next season. I’m anxious to do it all again!

Comment

Does anyone have any recipes for cooking or processing nilgai?

Comment

Does anyone have any recipes for cooking or processing nilgai?

Treat it like beef. It’s delicious. Pretty hard to screw it up. Congrats on the kill by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that’s awesome!!! I’m going to have to put in!

Comment

Working...
                                X