Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benson View Post
    Per the email:

“The fever tick eradication program is a volunteer program. Hunters are allowed to skin harvested animals out in the field and leave the skin; however, if the carcass has any hair left on it, the hair will need to be inspected. The knowing or unknowing transport of fever ticks is a violation. TAHC will follow up this email with further expectations and regulations regarding fever ticks. “

So it’s not a “volunteer” program... why say that...

Also violation of what? I’d be happy to comply but would like to know what law ordinance or policy we would be in violation of. Just let saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume it falls into the same regulation as zebra mussels. Trying to prevent the spread of an invasive problem. It’s “volunteer” because you aren’t required to remove the hide from the field. However, if you want to remove the hide from the field, then you have to participate in the program.

Comment

Per the email:

“The fever tick eradication program is a volunteer program. Hunters are allowed to skin harvested animals out in the field and leave the skin; however, if the carcass has any hair left on it, the hair will need to be inspected. The knowing or unknowing transport of fever ticks is a violation. TAHC will follow up this email with further expectations and regulations regarding fever ticks. “

Also violation of what? I’d be happy to comply but would like to know what law ordinance or policy we would be in violation of. Just let saying

That’s good to know. Last year I had to pack out the head and hide of a cow b/c it was mandatory to bring out the hide to have it inspected. And then you had to dispose of it yourself, not on the LANWR property. Nice to know we can just leave it in the field for the coyotes this year if you aren’t doing a shoulder mount.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
        It’s “volunteer” because you aren’t required to remove...However, if you want to remove the hide from the field, then you have to participate in the program.

Thanks. This makes sense now.

Comment

Per the email:

It is located in a quarantined county. The transportation of animals is prohibited.

They treated my cape with the spray and it was ready to go. Very simple and easy. No inconvenience at all.

They inspected the bull for ticks and the tick lady showed me a cattle fever tick. He was covered in ticks.

If you skin your animal and leave the hide in the field, then it doesn't apply. If you remove any animal with hide then you can allow the inspectors a moment to take tick samples, and if you want the cape it must be treated.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

No pictures of the board this hunt? Was it mostly empty?

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
              No pictures of the board this hunt? Was it mostly empty?

I don’t think there was a board this year due to COVID. It’s all online

Comment

Still waiting on the LDP’s!

Comment

For those of you familiar with the area, when do the deer start rutting down there?

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    For those of you familiar with the area, when do the deer start rutting down there?

Mid/late December

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
                      Hope you had the GoPro on!
                      Sadly I did not. The only morning I did not put it on. I was having a difficult time finding it in my pack and had spent so much effort slipping into this area as stealthy,silently, and lightless as possible I did not want to start stirring and pulling zippers for it. It would have been insane footage. Especially because I hit him with 2 arrows! Crazy story and pics to come soon

Last edited by Mr. Public; 11-17-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        Sadly I did not. The only morning I did not put it on. I was having a difficult time finding it in my pack and had spent so much effort slipping into this area as stealthy,silently, and lightless as possible I did not want to start stirring and pulling zippers for it. It would have been insane footage. Especially because I hit him 2 arrows! Crazy story and pics to come soon

Hurry up, the buzz is wearing off. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                          I knew the "A" team would get it done.

RIP Megatron 2020- you have met your creator.

Congrats GBladeu and Alpha Company , you have now conquered Laguna Madre like no one else has..

He Came, He Saw, and he ultimately Conquered
                          Thank for the acknowledgement and great compliments. Conquer Laguna, that I did. It is never ever easy. My quest is complete at LANWR. Mature bucks, Boars, Mature Cow Nilgai and Bull.

From now on, I feel that I will enjoy it more. Less putting myself through hell and torturing myself for sucess. More time enjoying a more relaxed hunt(I say that now)

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                            All that hype making me think y’all haven’t found him!!! Come On with it!!!

Yee haveth no faith in me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                              4 miles only means one thing lol I know exactly where he is.. been there many times hahaha rough county !!!

Nah, I don't think so!

Comment

Close. Across the Arroyo.

Comment

Working...
                                X