Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    When we get the email that has the truck permit, yeah, that is literally all we need to do.

Lol yep. One of my hunting buddies just realized he has his purchase receipt email, but no permit. So. He’s scrambling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      If anyone wants full nilgai ribs they are in bag in the walk in with a Wildlife Resource Document that I've completed. If so, complete the receivers name/info.

They are good. I bbq them. I have plenty of meat and am not taking them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Nilgai! Looking forward to the write up and pics. Public land Nilgai with a bow puts you into a special category of hunters. One that I hope to join. Heck of an accomplishment!

Comment

Email Sergio Vasquez, sergio_vasquez@fws.gov , he sends out the info. He sent this email last night in case you lost something on this hunt.

Good evening Laguna Hunters (11-13-2020 thru 11-17-2020) If you have lost some valuable property on your hunt this week please contact
        Officer Will Emmens at 956-884-0955 to describe what you lost.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          Lol yep. One of my hunting buddies just realized he has his purchase receipt email, but no permit. So. He’s scrambling.

I downloaded the PDF to the files on my phone as soon as I received it. I also shrunk it and printed off a copy to fit with my license as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
            Literally all you have to do is show up with your signed permit and truck permit. Put it in the windshield, put the permit in your pocket and go scouting and then go hunting! Simple as simple gets. Just have to shoot something. If you do shoot something there are the little QR code’s at each gate and you snap a pic of it and or call one of the wardens.

What about the mandatory Orientation??

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
              What about the mandatory Orientation??

There is not an in person orientation this year. You’ll get everything once they send the email. It’s an online video for orientation and just have to print out the 2 documents you’re supposed to carry with you and that’s it. Nothing needs to be done at check station at all or with any warden unless you kill something.

Comment

congrats A team

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  Nothing needs to be done at check station at all or with any warden unless you kill something.
                  So if you kill something, other than follow the link and report the kill, are there any other things that need to be "inspected"? Like the skin? or can you just submit the kill info and be on your way?

Comment

Originally posted by Benson View Post
                    So if you kill something, other than follow the link and report the kill, are there any other things that need to be "inspected"? Like the skin? or can you just submit the kill info and be on your way?

Doubt it with that cattle fever tick they’ve had in years Past. Last year you HAD to leave hide minimum of 24 hours in the freezer there at the check station

Comment

Originally posted by Benson View Post

If you want the hide you still have to follow all fever tick rules. That would be laid out in a separate email you should get from the fever tick inspector specifically. It will have several attachments.

Comment

Sergio will be sending out an email this afternoon

Comment

How dry was it compared to previous years? I’ve been there when it’s like a desert and when it’s wet everywhere.

Comment

For those of you wondering about the tick process your best bet is really just to call the tick inspector as soon as you harvest something and report it. She comes into the check station at 2:00pm every day. There are some tags and paperwork to fill out depending on what you’re going to do with what you have. I’m sure they did their best but I found their emails and charts a bit confusing.

Comment

I just got email from sergio

Comment

Per the email:

“The fever tick eradication program is a volunteer program. Hunters are allowed to skin harvested animals out in the field and leave the skin; however, if the carcass has any hair left on it, the hair will need to be inspected. The knowing or unknowing transport of fever ticks is a violation. TAHC will follow up this email with further expectations and regulations regarding fever ticks. “

So it’s not a “volunteer” program... why say that...

Also violation of what? I’d be happy to comply but would like to know what law ordinance or policy we would be in violation of. Just let saying

Comment

Working...
                                X