Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should of had a doe this morning...pulled back too early

Comment

I am mad at myself. Was set up in the right spot this morning and blew a chip shot at a little 9 pt. Then I flung one at a doe and she ducked it. Oh well, couple more hours and I gotta call it and head north.

Also saw a decent size bobcat this morning. He was just meandering through a group of deer.

This is truly an awesome hunt. I’ve have hunted here several times over the years, but this is the first time I have brought a bicycle. So much better. Could get to my spots faster and get set up with time to spare. Just gotta figure out how to control the sweating. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
        should of had a doe this morning...pulled back too early
        Pulling back early is usually a good practice except in this case..
        Last edited by RiverRat00; 11-10-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
          ”...Just gotta figure out how to control the sweating. Lol.

A good cold front or an eBike should do it. But I know exactly what you mean... I have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
            Congratulations.

I took one last year about that size. It was all alone for most of the day. I kept hoping momma would come for it. The biologist said the momma was most likely already taken by another hunter. Was that your experience with this Nilgai you took?

Congratulations
            No momma was there. She was about 80 yards away when I shot the calf. She had no idea her calf was gone. She eventually got closer. I shot her too but she did not fall. I could not find her. Shot her at 40 yards and I hit high. No blood trail whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am mad at myself. Was set up in the right spot this morning and blew a chip shot at a little 9 pt. Then I flung one at a doe and she ducked it. Oh well, couple more hours and I gotta call it and head north.

Also saw a decent size bobcat this morning. He was just meandering through a group of deer.

This is truly an awesome hunt. I’ve have hunted here several times over the years, but this is the first time I have brought a bicycle. So much better. Could get to my spots faster and get set up with time to spare. Just gotta figure out how to control the sweating. Lol.

Are you encountering a lot of mesquitos and ticks? Just curious if I should bring out netting and whatnot

Comment

Originally posted by Keaton Wright View Post
                Are you encountering a lot of mesquitos and ticks? Just curious if I should bring out netting and whatnot

Yup on both counts.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                  My game cart broke so we made the best of it. Luckily it was a small one.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                  That would be one odd silhouette at sundown.

Comment

I think I'll bring three thermocells

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      I think I'll bring three thermocells

Mosquitos were there, but tolerable. Ticks on the other hand are a problem. I found several on me, but only one attached. That was day one. I used permethrin religiously and just knocked a few off crawling on me and that was it the rest of the trip.

Comment

Mosquitos were there, but tolerable. Ticks on the other hand are a problem. I found several on me, but only one attached. That was day one. I used permethrin religiously and just knocked a few off crawling on me and that was it the rest of the trip.

****. Not looking forward to that, but I’ll bring thermocell and permethrin spray.

Comment

I still have permethrin from last time. I will spray my clothes before hand like last time No issues then.

Comment

Are they not doing the board anymore?

Comment

[QUOTE=RGV Hunter;15234544]My game cart broke so we made the best of it. Luckily it was a small one.

Awesome. It looks like that nilgai didn't stick the landing on a sweet jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
                                Are they not doing the board anymore?
                                No board this year due to COVID

Comment

Working...
                                X