No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas all. Have a wonderful day.

Comment

Merry Christmas and good luck to those hunting this weekend!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Planning to go after some squirrels tomorrow with the misses at Aquila. Probably be more of an excuse to walk around a lot. Any recommendations of where to start? Also, recommended shot size? Always hunted with a 22 and only ever shot clays with shotguns. Seen some beautiful squirrels this year out there and like to mount one if come across nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Dalep View Post
            Merry Christmas everyone!

Planning to go after some squirrels tomorrow with the misses at Aquila. Probably be more of an excuse to walk around a lot. Any recommendations of where to start? Also, recommended shot size? Always hunted with a 22 and only ever shot clays with shotguns. Seen some beautiful squirrels this year out there and like to mount one if come across nice one
            #7 or #6 high brass, or even cheap dove loads will get it done. My dad prefers to use shotgun. I have always liked chasing them with a rifle.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like shoot-n-em with what ever is in my hands.

But have used a shotty a lot on squirrels, mostly when I was living up north since they were part of my grocery supplements so I could buy dipers with what little money I made. For my .410 I use 7.5, same load for dove here. But for 12ga, I use a #6 a lot. If I'm really close, I try to aim just off the side of the head. Helps keep the body/legs from getting so much shot in them. I try to wait till I can see a couple of them before I shoot the first one. That first shot will sometimes freeze the other squirrels for a split second so I can swing around and get another 1 or 2 before I loose sight of them.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all. I had num 6 in twelve when not using a 22. Hunted squirrel last weekend. Windy then rain then got stuck 2 miles from gate. Type 2 fun.

Comment

Brrr its rather cold out here. Set my dad up in my spot. I'm under a cedar about 200 to 300 yards away. I corned yesterday. Hoping my dad can seal the deal.

Comment

Supposed to get real warm today... going to put some miles on around lunch today then settle into our deer spot with the wife before dark. Plan to corn tonight and hunt again tomorrow. Hope for the best

Comment

What's the weather forecast. Cause I'm thinking when it rains, it pours.

Course, that's what I get for thinking I'm gonna "plan" to do something.

Comment

W lake has come up a few inches. But still 2.68 feet low.

A lake is 1.30 feet low.

Comment

Happy New Year everbody! May 2021 be filled with much good and prosperity for you.

Comment

Happy new year all. Anyone drive to the lake this morning? How are the roads? Look fine here in alvarado, but wasn't sure about by the lake and rio vista and all.

Comment

The roads are dusty in southern AZ.

Comment

And HNY

Comment

Working...
                                X