No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pending second for Gun Deer Management, not surprised with only 3 points but I did want to check out the new Roger Fawcett area

Comment

Drew a Moore Plantation doe tag and Gus Engeling youth for my nephew so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
        Just got drawn for general deer at laguna atascosa nwr in January anyone have any tips to hunt this area?
        As far as hunting goes get off the road and clearings in to the thick stuff. I was there for nilgai but saw deer in the brush.

I also walked right next to a huge rattlesnake and had to yank my drawers down mid hunt because a tick was trying to crawl into my manhood. Yes, it is as terrifying as it sounds. Snake boots and permethrin aren't a bad idea.

Comment

Are you guys getting emails immediately following a successful draw, or checking website?

Comment

Won Management Deer at James Daughtery. Second hunt this year that I won there.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              Are you guys getting emails immediately following a successful draw, or checking website?
              I checked the website.

Comment

Email, even though I have the website up on my computer at work.

Comment

got drawn for GDM at Doughtry, but it is same time as my GDA at Chap.

got drawn for general deer at Laguna Atascosa in January.

that's 4 I have won so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Goodness gracious. You are on some kind of roll. So which hunt are you deciding on?

Comment

How many points are you guys drawing management with if you dont mind sharing?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Go buy a lotto ticket.

Comment

0-4 so far today

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                            Won Management Deer at James Daughtery. Second hunt this year that I won there.
                            I did that hunt last year and it was a lot of fun. Got my doe and saw a whole lot of great deer that I couldn't shoot

Comment

How many points are you guys drawing management with if you dont mind sharing?
                              My BIL and I had eight group points.

Comment

Email sent right after drawing; otherwise check status for pending 2nd draw news.

Just got selected for Balcones Canyonlands General Deer and this morning learned that a nephew is getting married the same weekend. just my luck; I really hate making family mad... Reality, this will probably be one I have to pass. Too bad there are no standbys on this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X