No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got drawn for mule deer bow hunt on the Matador. Has anyone hunted there and any pointers on areas to pick. Also got drawn for either sex bow hunt on the Chaparall any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry B View Post
      Got drawn for mule deer bow hunt on the Matador. Has anyone hunted there and any pointers on areas to pick. Also got drawn for either sex bow hunt on the Chaparall any advice would be appreciated.
      Holy crap!

Comment

**** Larry, sorry no pointers but curious how many points you had built up. Please say 0! Lol

Comment

Not selected on all the archery hunts. Bummer. Congrats Larry on the double draw. Have to say I’m jealous and a little bummed. Had 10 points in archery. Hoping for youth success tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry B View Post

Hunted whitetail a few times out there but most Mulies are found on the west to west center pastures. Pastures are huge and have no pointers for now hunting. We rifle hunted and you can glass for days in some areas. Best best would probably be spot and stalk as use canyons for cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Larry that is two of the hardest archery hunts to draw. Your a lucky man for sure. Hunted chap several times for archery. Never been lucky enough to draw matador.

Comment

Today is by far my best bet for getting drawn this year so fingers crossed. I really hope my kids draw something on the gun deer either sex hunts though even if I strike out. My son is really itching for a chance to shoot a buck after having hunted for a couple of years now with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                  Today is by far my best bet for getting drawn this year so fingers crossed. I really hope my kids draw something on the gun deer either sex hunts though even if I strike out. My son is really itching for a chance to shoot a buck after having hunted for a couple of years now with no luck.

Are they really drawing today?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                    Are they really drawing today?
                    For youth GDE, yes, sometime this week. Deadline was 9/1

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                      For youth GDE, yes, sometime this week. Deadline was 9/1
                      Right. I was just curious if he knew the draw was today for sure. So I can sit here at work constantly refreshing my account and checking lol

Comment

They should be drawing E-Postcard Archery Deer, Dove, National Refuge Archery Deer, National Refuge Turkey, and private lands. Maybe a youth hunt or two.

I’ve got 9 drawings today. Really hoping this is the year to grab at least something. Have never drawn in 4 years of putting in for hunts
                        Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 09-02-2020, 07:44 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

I have 4 PP for Hagerman draw. Praying we will get to go hunt there again this year!! I will be checking draw status regularly

Comment

Crossing my fingers for Hagerman

Comment

Get on it you lazy arse govt workers, already 9am and not a draw to be had yet!

Comment

It started. Pending 2nd on pl as

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X