Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

San Angelo SP Gun Deer Antlerless/spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, avoid that gland and your good to go. They are small enough that you dont need to do too much to process them. My wife was hesitant at first as well but it has become one of her favorite meals. I'd highly recommend the kimchi taco recipe in the meateater cookbook for the shoulders.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt is fast approaching - two weeks away. Getting ready. Other then the long drive from Cypress really looking forward to a few days off.

Comment

Good luck to your crew!

Comment

sounds like a great time ahead...good luck to all of ya...and will be following!

Comment

Good Luck! Post plenty of pics!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

So what is everyone going to do for lodging? I plan on tent camping and was told to go online and make a reservation. Those of y’all tent camping what area are y’all staying in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
                So what is everyone going to do for lodging? I plan on tent camping and was told to go online and make a reservation. Those of y’all tent camping what area are y’all staying in?

I think I asked when I called. You need a reservation for the cabins, but they will only have one spot open for tent camping. All tent campers will be together. At least that's what I think I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post

My son and I would have tent camped. But my co-worker wanted a cabin. We reserved cabin 2 (I think). We'll be leaving Cypress around 8am Monday the 11th. 6.5 hour drive. Planning on throwing burgers on a grill and sitting under the stars Monday night. Come on over and have a cold drink with us.

Comment

Ok heck yeah that will be awesome! I can bring some deer sausage as well. I plan on booking a primitive sight. I called the park and was told since the park is only partially closed that I will have to reserve it online and they wouldn’t be putting all the hunters in there own area. Looking forward to meet some of y’all.

Comment

I know I shouldn’t even bring it up, but I sure hope the forecasted weather holds up.

Comment

San Angelo SP Gun Deer Antlerless/spike

The weather does look great can’t wait! I will be in the primitive camping Isabel Hart area along the lake. I should be arriving to the park around 2pm on Monday.

Comment

I called today and got our site. They took my name and said i had a spot to bring my camper i didnt have to do anything online? We will be on the weekend youth hunt for my son.
                          Last edited by doublearrow; 11-04-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Ranger said the park is under a burn ban - no fire and no charcoal in the grills allowed.

Comment

I also spoke with them as well and was told the same thing no fires wood or charcoal. Guess it’s gas grill only which is fine with me. What calibers is everyone planning on taking? I may pack my 7mm but still undecided.

Comment

257 weatherby. I’m going to try to make a bunch of chili to bring up with me Monday evening. Looks like grilled blackstrap is out of the question.
                                Last edited by Tatom; 11-05-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X