No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubly whammy now my mom admitted with the virus .

Comment

Jess, if there's anything I can do besides prayers, please let me know.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for your family.

Comment

Storm sorry to hear that. Prayers sent!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. If I can be of any help let me know.

Comment

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Mike, what were you saying to add to shad to keep consistency? Baking soda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by NannySlayer; 07-24-2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Table salt will help keep them firm. What I gave you takes about a tea spoon just sprinkle over before freezi ng.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!
                Little more wont hurt either. They like the salty flavor. And it helps retain the oil shad have. Kinda a flavor savor.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-24-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Table salt will help keep them firm. What I gave you takes about a tea spoon just sprinkle over before freezi ng.

Little more wont hurt either. They like the salty flavor. And it helps retain the oil shad have. Kinda a flavor savor.

Thanks again, young man!

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                    Thanks again, young man!

I wish ! But thanks for the compliment.

Comment

Anyone been on Aquilla lately? Thinking about going early next week and was wondering about the bite.

Comment

I don't know about the bite. But the level is nearly normal. I usually find the bite slower from now till mid Sept most everywhere. That is except for schooling/busting the surface sandies and stripers early in the morning.

Comment

Can’t beat these cooler, overcast mornings lately. Need to get out on the water and take care of it.

Comment

Update on my parents. Dad acts like he just has a cold and my mom in now totally immobile the virus has hit her harder. Its hard not being able to be with them or to care for them as they have done for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              Update on my parents. Dad acts like he just has a cold and my mom in now totally immobile the virus has hit her harder. Its hard not being able to be with them or to care for them as they have done for me.
                              My prayers continue for all Jes. You've got my number if you ever need to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post

You got more prayers headed your way. God bless!!

Comment

Working...
                                X