No announcement yet.

JD Murphree Alligator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last bit of advice is use the wind. When you set out your bait pole set it so the wind carries the Sent of your bait down the most area of water. They use their nose to find food. PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by TXMountaineer View Post
      Thanks for the advice. We were thinking about taking some fishing equipment to fish while we were waiting but sounds like we won’t be able to do that. I will definitely try the popping cork trick. Three of us are headed out Wednesday morning. We are definitely excited.
      Yalls hunt is Wednesday afternoon and Thursday? Wife and I are Tuesday and Wednesday. I never thought about a popping cork. I've had them follow a rattling popping cork to the boat before

Pretty sure I got the SS gator getter ready to roll. Fresh water pump, tuned carbs, new fuel tank and battery. New hydro turf last week and put some decking in today.

Started our bait chicken today with a little deer blood.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
        If you’ll need anything while here call me I will be off work until Friday night. I will pm you my number. Good Luck
        I got your PM. Thanks for the offer for help. I will reach out if we need anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Yalls hunt is Wednesday afternoon and Thursday? Wife and I are Tuesday and Wednesday. I never thought about a popping cork. I've had them follow a rattling popping cork to the boat before

Pretty sure I got the SS gator getter ready to roll. Fresh water pump, tuned carbs, new fuel tank and battery. New hydro turf last week and put some decking in today.

Started our bait chicken today with a little deer blood.

Yes. Our hunt is Wednesday afternoon to Thursday. Sounds like you are ready to go. Good luck!!!

Comment

Off like a prom dress...

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang they got us wayyyyy back in there. Cant be more than 200 yards from the ICW. Did see any gators where are sets are but the guys next to us had 3 circling the bait.

We bailed out at 3 to let em soak. Fingers crossed and thanks T.roy for all the tips!

Edit...one thing I dont have in the boat that would be handy. Soap.

Cold water smells like rotten chicken after baiting. Latex gloves just didnt work out with the rain and sweating.

Last edited by Quackerbox; 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Dang they got us wayyyyy back in there. Cant be more than 200 yards from the ICW. Did see any gators where are sets are but the guys next to us had 3 circling the bait.

We bailed out at 3 to let em soak. Fingers crossed and thanks T.roy for all the tips!

Edit...one thing I dont have in the boat that would be handy. Soap.

Cold water smells like rotten chicken after baiting. Latex gloves just didnt work out with the rain and sweating.

Good thing you got the wife to bait the hooks.... right?

I'd imagine soap would at least decrease the funk of your hands a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        Good thing you got the wife to bait the hooks.... right?

I'd imagine soap would at least decrease the funk of your hands a little.
                        I had her on the bank holding the boat with the mosquitos. Even with the chicken smell I think I made out alright [emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Good Luck to Y'all, Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Good Luck to Y'all, Shane!
                            You got plenty luck dave!! Send us a little

Comment

What compartment did they put you in?

Comment

Good luck. We are planning on being there tomorrow around 10:00 am for the hunt tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your two gators!!

Comment

Working...
                                X